PDA

View Full Version : warning light

inde_house
Thursday 13th December 2012, 18:10
I keep having a warning light flash up. At irregular time.

Green triangle upside y.

What is it

inde_house
Thursday 13th December 2012, 18:21
Generally flashes went not on boost

stribo
Thursday 13th December 2012, 18:23
It's the Lambda light, I'm guessing one of your sensors is on its' way out, or if your lucky, your only sensor is on its' way out. Not sure how many 850's have.

inde_house
Thursday 13th December 2012, 19:22
It seems too occur more when pulling off in 1st In a rush. But nit flooring it.

stribo
Thursday 13th December 2012, 19:31
Might be worth checking the connection going to the lambda sensor then.

Volvostorm
Thursday 13th December 2012, 20:43
Also worth getting your codes read.

inde_house
Monday 17th December 2012, 22:19
This may be a silly question. Wats the best place to get the codes read in Birmingham

nobananas
Monday 17th December 2012, 22:39
How old's your 850 ? If it's pre 95 (ish) then you may have the under-bonnet diagnostic unit that you can read the flash codes yourself.

Nealevo
Monday 17th December 2012, 22:44
Get your codes read at HLM in bromsgrove but it probably is your lamba, my 850 only has 1 pre cat, cheap and cheerful

volvo850R
Monday 17th December 2012, 22:45
I had this on mine, it started of by flashing every now and again and then it just came on and wouldnt go away. I had the codes reead and it came up as the maf and a fault with the cooling fan, so its not exclusively for the lambda.

It was triggered by coroded wires for the fan which have since been fixed and a dirty maf sensor due to the foam panel filter oil. I had the codes and light cleared and its never come back on again.

nobananas
Monday 17th December 2012, 22:52
I think it should be treated as an emission control warning. Basically the ECU is reporting that the Lambda sensor is reading incorrectly which means the emissions are not within limits. Any sensor whose operation directly effects fueling (Lambda sensor, MAF sensor, coolant temp sensor etc) could potentially be at fault.

volvo850R
Monday 17th December 2012, 22:55
yep, after the research i did i can say also its a light for the whole emission control system.

Get it on the diagnostics, otherwise you could end up changing everything and still not get rid of it :D

volvo850R
Monday 17th December 2012, 22:57
This may be a silly question. Wats the best place to get the codes read in Birmingham

Bloomsbury volvo near wolvo did mine for nothing and cleared the codes. Might be worth the trip if you can get hold of him, he's very busy down there.