PDA

View Full Version : TFM - 855R The Red Devil MK2

The Flying Moose
Thursday 13th December 2012, 00:31
12/12/12

First Update!

Purchase day, the Moose returns with yet another Volvo... this time a 1997 855R Manual. To stay, this time I mean it!

So the spec:
-16T
-350CC Injectors
-M59 Gearbox
-850R Clutch
-MTE Map
-Turbo Tuner USB ECU
-Electronic Boost Controller
-Gaz Gold Fully Adjustable Coilovers
-Polly Bulkhead and top arm bushes
-Ferrita 3" Downpipe
-100 Cell Race Cat
-Ferrita 2.5" Cat back system
-302MM Front Conversion
-Carbo Tech XP8 Front and Rear Pads

Currently Running 282.1 Flywheel HP and 332 Ft Lbs of Torque, so quite healthy.

Future plans:

Bigger turbo and injectors, coupled with a ported Manifold and 3" TB, RIP kit and Ported exhaust manifold should do the trick... but lets just see.

First things first though its had an oil and coolant service today to keep it fresh and will be getting new plugs in the morning.

Please excuse the rubbish pictures but below are a few until daylight.

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0395.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0398.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0391.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0388.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0385.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0393.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0400.jpg

WOODY T5
Thursday 13th December 2012, 01:04
bout time u was in a volvo and wot away to come back with an 855R manual with lots of nice bits and good bhp best col red and dk grey in interior looks very nice mate do not break this one please

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 13th December 2012, 01:09
If there was a like button - I'd press it

Volvostorm
Thursday 13th December 2012, 01:26
Same here!

No breaking it this time!

smithy
Thursday 13th December 2012, 01:26
Nice motor and same here donot break her lol

MoleT-5R
Thursday 13th December 2012, 02:36
good to see your back with an 855 R , if you get any wobbles I want first refusal, mate, cracking motor.......like very much

T5frankie
Thursday 13th December 2012, 06:43
Bitch....jealous

Nealevo
Thursday 13th December 2012, 07:25
Can you keep this one rubber side down please!!!

claymore
Thursday 13th December 2012, 08:12
Lovely looking car, so who's was it before?

V70 Graham
Thursday 13th December 2012, 10:18
Me likey.....great looking car you have there.

Nealevo
Thursday 13th December 2012, 11:01
well it looks better than i thought, i knew i should have kept it for myself.... GUTTED but really happy that you are now out of that bloody vectra. BARSTEWARD

WOODY T5
Thursday 13th December 2012, 11:16
Lol I have that vectra now mate Wots up with it!

volvokid
Thursday 13th December 2012, 11:26
Tidy looking forward to this

hybriduno
Thursday 13th December 2012, 12:42
Hi, nice looking car :) but on a down note. if you do break it can i have ya coilovers for my project. LOL :)
nice power too :) btw

Jamest5r
Thursday 13th December 2012, 14:21
Very nice mate, shame about the colour :)

T5frankie
Thursday 13th December 2012, 14:36
Mte and Turbo tuner?

Jamest5r
Thursday 13th December 2012, 14:56
Mte and Turbo tuner?

The mte was copied to the tt, simples :)

Kingsford G
Thursday 13th December 2012, 14:58
Nice car there mate.

LiamT4
Thursday 13th December 2012, 18:19
My first thought when seeing the pics was "F*** me thats low!" lol

Looks good mate and a 97 850R, can't get much later than that.

If your ever nearby, feel free to pop round, not seen you in a while and i'v not been in a fast volvo for ages now ;-)

leet5r
Thursday 13th December 2012, 18:33
nice mind em, good spec aswell , can i put 1st dibs on this if you decide to sell or break , hope ya dont tho.

Martin-t5r
Thursday 13th December 2012, 21:51
Nice car mate hope you are happy with her :) nice to know its gone to a good home, lee is sad to see it gone, me too tbh, there's a big void in my shed now. The mte was copied and converted to a ttu file, I have the exact map on my laptop as well as a few tweaked versions, I ran with same setup as yours before I went to my current setup, afr's where consistent and safe on my aem wide band

T5frankie
Thursday 13th December 2012, 21:56
who's lee? why was this car not advertised lol

Martin-t5r
Thursday 13th December 2012, 22:05
Lol lee is a friend of mine who isn't on the forum, he kept this 850 dry stored at mine as it was his pride and joy and only used occasionally when the sun was shining. It never got to be as far as being advertised as Nealevo enquired about some parts on my breaking thread and I mentioned it would be coming up for sale soon if anyone wants one :)
It is a really nice example and hope you are happy with her mate

Many thanks
Martin

T5frankie
Thursday 13th December 2012, 22:10
a very rare find in manual, i should of kept mine

V70 Graham
Thursday 13th December 2012, 22:12
a very rare find in manual, i should of kept mine

I'll give you a fiver for your S70 :Handshake

stribo
Thursday 13th December 2012, 22:20

There may be trouble ahead.:lol:

T5frankie
Thursday 13th December 2012, 22:43

you couldnt handle it mate

V70 Graham
Thursday 13th December 2012, 22:56
you couldnt handle it mate

Not for me, it's for the Mrs :biggrin:

T5frankie
Thursday 13th December 2012, 23:00
Not for me, it's for the Mrs :biggrin:

if i get the alloy fixed ill take you out for a spin next week

V70 Graham
Thursday 13th December 2012, 23:06
if i get the alloy fixed ill take you out for a spin next week

Would appreciate that, never seen the car in the flesh.

merc85
Friday 14th December 2012, 00:11
Nice Colour TFM, I bet it starts better than mine :(

The Flying Moose
Friday 14th December 2012, 00:59
bout time u was in a volvo and wot away to come back with an 855R manual with lots of nice bits and good bhp best col red and dk grey in interior looks very nice mate do not break this one please

Indeed, definitely the need to come back properly... its taken a while but I think this is the right one!

If there was a like button - I'd press it

Cheers Dave... remind you of Big Red Volvo's??? ;)

good to see your back with an 855 R , if you get any wobbles I want first refusal, mate, cracking motor.......like very much

Itchy feet, I'd love to say I wont but I know me however this one is here to stay.

Bitch....jealous

Hey you've had your fair share, now its my turn! lol

Can you keep this one rubber side down please!!!

Oh believe me I intend to! And by the way it handles I think even I might struggle to but metal to concrete... or tarmac if your roads are posh!

My first thought when seeing the pics was "F*** me thats low!" lol

Looks good mate and a 97 850R, can't get much later than that.

If your ever nearby, feel free to pop round, not seen you in a while and i'v not been in a fast volvo for ages now ;-)

Cheers Liam, yep its very low, both the front and rears sit in the arches and there is no gap. After a little tweaking however the coilovers are now set just so as that the ride is firm, they dont bottom out and that the wheels don't rub the arches either.

When I next fly past Ill definitely pay you a visit, of course mate... no trying any maps you may have though!

Nice car mate hope you are happy with her :) nice to know its gone to a good home, lee is sad to see it gone, me too tbh, there's a big void in my shed now. The mte was copied and converted to a ttu file, I have the exact map on my laptop as well as a few tweaked versions, I ran with same setup as yours before I went to my current setup, afr's where consistent and safe on my aem wide band

Pleasure to meet you Martin! Thanks for storing it, fingers crossed ill see you at a track meet sometime next year and see what that T5-R is made of.

Nice Colour TFM, I bet it starts better than mine :(

The best eh? Sorry to hear about your woes recently Gav, fingers crossed youll have it sorted soon.

martybelfastt5
Friday 14th December 2012, 14:41
that is tasty very nice will be watching

The Flying Moose
Friday 14th December 2012, 18:49
14/12/12

Back on the ramps today to fit the RIP kit and replace all VAC Lines... also cleaned up the dizzy cap and fitted a set of Volvo plugs.

Remaining to do is fit fuel filer and ill probably order a new dizzy cap and rotor arm too, no need for HT leads though as a set of genuine s were fitted in 2009.

Also breathed life into another Volvo!

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0403.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0401.jpg

T5frankie
Friday 14th December 2012, 19:22
how mint is it emlyn? pm me what you paid for it so i can sulk

The Flying Moose
Friday 14th December 2012, 19:30
how mint is it emlyn? pm me what you paid for it so i can sulk

Mint... lets not go down that route eh! lol. Its tidy but certainly not showroom condition, a couple of light scratches but thats it.

T5frankie
Friday 14th December 2012, 19:34
Mint... lets not go down that route eh! lol. Its tidy but certainly not showroom condition, a couple of light scratches but thats it.

red is lovely as long as it aint started to fade, this took alot of effort to get it looking like this, if it hadnt of had 226k i would of kept it, well at least for a bit

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/My%20cars/volvo850r31.jpg

The Flying Moose
Friday 14th December 2012, 19:40
red is lovely as long as it aint started to fade, this took alot of effort to get it looking like this, if it hadnt of had 226k i would of kept it, well at least for a bit

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/My%20cars/volvo850r31.jpg

No mate, no fade and no lacquer peel. There is literally two scratches and that's it.

I have to agree on the colour, the old 854R looked the nuts when it was clean and polished.

T5frankie
Friday 14th December 2012, 19:44
No mate, no fade and no lacquer peel. There is literally two scratches and that's it.

I have to agree on the colour, the old 854R looked the nuts when it was clean and polished.

i used that t-cut red polish and it came up stunning, enough to make me a 450 quid profit anyway lol, i met that bloke jon in guildford as he had lots of my v70r stuff off me for your old car

The Flying Moose
Friday 14th December 2012, 19:48
i used that t-cut red polish and it came up stunning, enough to make me a 450 quid profit anyway lol, i met that bloke jon in guildford as he had lots of my v70r stuff off me for your old car

Oh really? Nice chap Jon, glad your parts will live on. He now has two red 854R's one auto (my old one) and a manual!

lance
Friday 14th December 2012, 19:52
Very nice example

LiamT4
Friday 14th December 2012, 22:54
When I next fly past Ill definitely pay you a visit, of course mate... no trying any maps you may have though!

It went well for those few seconds untill the bonnet incident ;-)

Al115
Saturday 15th December 2012, 10:36
Very nice car, glad to see you back in an Ovlov :)

Saaamon
Saturday 15th December 2012, 14:41
I use to own this volvo, sold it about 3-4 years ago. Glad to see its still kicking about :).

Saaamon
Saturday 15th December 2012, 14:45
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg37/saaamon/DSCF5462.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg37/saaamon/DSCF5448.jpg

T5frankie
Saturday 15th December 2012, 18:49
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg37/saaamon/DSCF5462.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg37/saaamon/DSCF5448.jpg

if thats the one in your sig, best get a new sig mate

LiamT4
Saturday 15th December 2012, 19:34
The more i see of this car, the more i like.

I need to see this in the metal emlyn.......it may get into my top five ;-) i love red 850s with dark volans and really like its stance

Saaamon
Sunday 16th December 2012, 00:18
yes i know, i really need to get on with it now haha.

rockheadrumble
Sunday 16th December 2012, 14:09
Nice mate. glad to see you've got a decent motor again instead of that gay vectra. you better keep this one, im not taking anymore volvo shells to the scrappy for you!!

good to see its an estate as well, we can go cutting about now embarrassing boy racers in there civic type §§§§eR's in out tanks.

do the DCC and report back!

T5RPete
Sunday 16th December 2012, 16:36
Looks good mate! I'll drop ya a message tomorrow, as i'm sure I saw my car in one of those pictures! haha

The Flying Moose
Sunday 16th December 2012, 20:06
The more i see of this car, the more i like.

I need to see this in the metal emlyn.......it may get into my top five ;-) i love red 850s with dark volans and really like its stance

Cheers Liam, you will... especially if you pop over to the Christmas bash!

Nice mate. glad to see you've got a decent motor again instead of that gay vectra. you better keep this one, im not taking anymore volvo shells to the scrappy for you!!

good to see its an estate as well, we can go cutting about now embarrassing boy racers in there civic type §§§§eR's in out tanks.

do the DCC and report back!

Ssshhh dont say too much a fellow Volvoist bought that "gay" vectra and he has fallen in love with it! lol

Ill sort the DCC out over the next couple of days for sure and report back.

Looks good mate! I'll drop ya a message tomorrow, as i'm sure I saw my car in one of those pictures! haha

Indeed you did Pete, brought her out to run the engine a little for you stop the girl seizing... tried it in the garage but I was nearly smoked out! haha

LiamT4
Sunday 16th December 2012, 20:29
Cheers Liam, you will... especially if you pop over to the Christmas bash!

Unfortunatly i'm busy next saturday or i would have been coming.

The Flying Moose
Friday 28th December 2012, 19:43
28th Dec 12

Update:

I have solved the running issues and the car now runs like a dream.

Basically I had encountered hunting at idle and misfire on open throttle.

I replaced the plugs with NGK Platinum PFR7B's, new bosch dizzy cap and rotor arm and new Volvo HT leads... still no avail and problematic. Next I tried a good known coil pack... still no use. Next the fuel injectors and injector rail, you guessed still playing up.

So before I tired the fuel pump I came up with one last idea... ECU.

Well, what can I say... popped in a Mapped non TT ECU and it ran perfectly, thus leading to the conclusion the Turbo-Tuner isnt running right. Fortunately Adam being the gent he is is on the case.

So where are we now? Well I have no idea but its pushing 1.35 bar on WOT in 3rd gear so moving fairly swiftly!

Ill await the repair of the Turbo-Tuner, re-load the MTE map and see how it runs.

WOODY T5
Friday 28th December 2012, 19:53
good news mate glad u got it sorted still waiting to see this R

Jamest5r
Friday 28th December 2012, 20:05

Looks pretty nice mate, needs to lose that suspension though :)

The Flying Moose
Friday 28th December 2012, 20:27
Looks pretty nice mate, needs to lose that suspension though :)

Mmm, I wonder why??? Im still undecided what to do but if I change them I'm most certain ill be popping a more standard setup back on most likely with 40mm springs... these country roads are far too harsh for coilovers.

My god though then you really give it beans can you tell the difference, the handling in the bends is like no other Volvo (bar Woody's!) I've been in.

Nealevo
Friday 28th December 2012, 20:46
The coilovers did seem a tad harsh (bouncy) but I went round the corners more stable than if I was in mine, no wash out at all and I'm sure it lifted a wheel :-) if you can live with them, keep it as it is but if its going to be your daily ....... Mmmmm I think you may tire of them. IMHO

The Flying Moose
Friday 28th December 2012, 20:53
The coilovers did seem a tad harsh (bouncy) but I went round the corners more stable than if I was in mine, no wash out at all and I'm sure it lifted a wheel :-) if you can live with them, keep it as it is but if its going to be your daily ....... Mmmmm I think you may tire of them. IMHO

Thanks Neal... always appreciate an opinion from a professional!

I think if they were set up correctly then maybe they would improve? However I question if its worth it as it will more than likely cost over £100 to do.

Im not going to do anything rash, do some more playing and see how I feel. In any case if I do swap them over they can sit in the garage for a little while until I'm certain.

Jamest5r
Friday 28th December 2012, 21:30
Thanks Neal... always appreciate an opinion from a professional!

I think if they were set up correctly then maybe they would improve? However I question if its worth it as it will more than likely cost over £100 to do.

Im not going to do anything rash, do some more playing and see how I feel. In any case if I do swap them over they can sit in the garage for a little while until I'm certain.

They can sit on mine while you decide :)

smithy
Friday 28th December 2012, 21:37
[/COLOR]

They can sit on mine while you decide :)

That's abit personnel on a open forum lol

claymore
Friday 28th December 2012, 21:51
I love my coilovers, but I'm not sure I could live with them as a daily driver

hybriduno
Saturday 29th December 2012, 18:05
The volvaxo project is in need of coilovers ;) if and when u decide ;)

Jamest5r
Saturday 29th December 2012, 18:11
The volvaxo project is in need of coilovers ;) if and when u decide ;)

Sorry mate deal done :)

hybriduno
Saturday 29th December 2012, 18:22
boooooooooo

merc85
Saturday 29th December 2012, 23:43
Would be nice to do a Photo shoot with My 855 and ur 855r TFM :)

The Flying Moose
Saturday 29th December 2012, 23:46

Mmm sounds like a mini meet is required Gav! I would say what are you doing tomorrow but I dont get paid till Monday and the tanks nigh on empty!

Not only that you are the red paintwork expert and I wouldnt mind a few "Tips" ;)

Nealevo
Sunday 30th December 2012, 00:19

Come help fit my gearbox and we can have all 3 lol.... See Emlyn I'm rounding them up!!

The Flying Moose
Sunday 30th December 2012, 00:33
Come help fit my gearbox and we can have all 3 lol.... See Emlyn I'm rounding them up!!

Thats the Spirit Neal... I must stress only people with Red one's though! ;)

Jamest5r
Sunday 30th December 2012, 01:20
Thats the Spirit Neal... I must stress only people with Red one's though! ;)

Cool ill sit and watch.

merc85
Sunday 30th December 2012, 01:23
Mmm sounds like a mini meet is required Gav! I would say what are you doing tomorrow but I dont get paid till Monday and the tanks nigh on empty!

Not only that you are the red paintwork expert and I wouldnt mind a few "Tips" ;)

Ditto lol, and ive just bought a Intercooler Doh ......... to many beers again

t5 pete
Sunday 30th December 2012, 01:30
which one you gone for merc

Nealevo
Sunday 30th December 2012, 13:30
Cool ill sit and watch.

No James, you are key to the success of the operation!! Prepare to get oily :-)

smithy
Sunday 30th December 2012, 13:45
No James, you are key to the success of the operation!! Prepare to get oily :-)

James is he man for this job I don't know nuffin lol.

Nealevo
Sunday 30th December 2012, 13:47
James is he man for this job I don't know nuffin lol.

I'm just bigging up his ego, we all know the real lunch pin :-)

smithy
Sunday 30th December 2012, 13:52
I'm just bigging up his ego, we all know the real lunch pin :-)

I don't understand

The Flying Moose
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 18:21
Update

3rd Jan 2013

Well new years day was an eventful one, driving from home to work I suddenly lost 3rd and 4th gear whilst driving. Everything felt loose and 3rd and 4th were "empty" (just rev'd didnt engage gears) to the point where I could push the gear stick into 3rd or 4th whilst driving without using the clutch.

So I thought I would check the basics first and the linkage appears to be intact albeit a little tight and the selector ontop of the box moves freely.

As its engaging 1-2 and 5-R without any problems I am fearing the worst... I think the selector fork for 3-4 has broke.

Brilliant.

Looks like its ditch the M59 and back to an M56.

So on the lookout for a pair of drive-shafts and an M56H with the external slave if anybody is breaking an 850.

"If we dont laugh we'll just cry!"

Bloody Volvo's...

T5frankie
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 18:23
Update

3rd Jan 2013

Well new years day was an eventful one, driving from home to work I suddenly lost 3rd and 4th gear whilst driving. Everything felt loose and 3rd and 4th were "empty" (just rev'd didnt engage gears) to the point where I could push the gear stick into 3rd or 4th whilst driving without using the clutch.

So I thought I would check the basics first and the linkage appears to be intact albeit a little tight and the selector ontop of the box moves freely.

As its engaging 1-2 and 5-R without any problems I am fearing the worst... I think the selector fork for 3-4 has broke.

Brilliant.

Looks like its ditch the M59 and back to an M56.

So on the lookout for a pair of drive-shafts and an M56H with the external slave if anybody is breaking an 850.

"If we dont laugh we'll just cry!"

Bloody Volvo's...
sorry to hear that mate.......dont break it..............and get an m56l

The Flying Moose
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 18:28
sorry to hear that mate.......dont break it..............and get an m56l

Slightly annoying on what is already traditionally the longest month and now I have no working car (well not properly anyway).

I wont break it, ill get angry but wont break!!!

I considered an M56L but having had one before at cruising speed 70-80 it sits at nearly 4krpm so is really poor on fuel.

Nealevo
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 18:32
Noooooo way, that's bad luck mate, 2013 can only get better

The Flying Moose
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 18:35
Noooooo way, that's bad luck mate, 2013 can only get better

Oh I'm staying positive Neal thanks.

If this is the worst that's thrown then it'll be a blooming good year.

martybelfastt5
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 18:59
just rebiuld the 59 with a 56? freind of mine done this after his m59 blew a hole in itself

T5frankie
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 19:00
Slightly annoying on what is already traditionally the longest month and now I have no working car (well not properly anyway).

I wont break it, ill get angry but wont break!!!

I considered an M56L but having had one before at cruising speed 70-80 it sits at nearly 4krpm so is really poor on fuel.

mine revs lower than that in 5th mate, mind you may be cos of my wheels

Jamest5r
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 21:56
Ah mate sory to hear this, what is it with you and bloody gearbox's(and Frankie :))

WOODY T5
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 22:09
oh dear sorry to here this

t5 pete
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 22:10
Bad news emlin looks like january is not a very good month for vovlos

Kingsford G
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 23:03
Sorry to hear that mate.What cars have m56H with external slave fitted on them,I mean engine size etc?

T5RPete
Friday 4th January 2013, 00:03
Unlucky mate! Remember there is that gearbox in my garage you gave me...

merc85
Friday 4th January 2013, 00:24
i FEEL YOUR PAIN TFM, still just think of the nice drive you will have after fitting a new box

T5frankie
Friday 4th January 2013, 00:29
Sorry to hear that mate.What cars have m56H with external slave fitted on them,I mean engine size etc?

all 850's and my s70r

Wobbly Dave
Friday 4th January 2013, 00:37
I have spare M56 internals going free if you want them

MoleT-5R
Friday 4th January 2013, 01:07
sorry to hear you have joined me in the gearbox woes club... sure that you will have it sorted soon ... mine may take a while longer.. all the best for 2013 mate, hope to see you and that lovely R soon. Good luck TFM

The Flying Moose
Friday 4th January 2013, 08:36
Thanks all for the kind best wishes.

Fortunately a very good friend has come up trumps with a M56H and set of shafts for free. Just a case of stripping it out of the car and stripping and fitting into mine... in other words a VERY long weekend.

claymore
Friday 4th January 2013, 08:45
Can't you swap the diff off the M59 onto the M56?

V70 Graham
Friday 4th January 2013, 10:08
Sorry to hear your news, but hopefully after your very long weekend you'll have a working R again, fingers crossed all goes well mate.

The Flying Moose
Friday 4th January 2013, 18:17

I've absolutely no Idea Colin? Its something I have been "googling" but havent come up trumps with any answers.

Im certainly not going to scrap the M59 and ill probably in time strip another M56 to try and replace the selector forks in the M59.

p fandango
Friday 4th January 2013, 18:40
You might be able to fit the internals from a m56h into the m59 casing to fix it, but changing just the diff will be no good as the main viscous system as you know is on the driveshaft. As with wobbly I've got spare internals if you need them

cherry1809
Friday 4th January 2013, 18:52
Ooh, only just got to this one! That's exactly how I want mine to sit! Nice car and good power :)

martybelfastt5
Friday 4th January 2013, 20:46

it is possilbe my freind done it couldnt trace an m59 anywhere used a 56 and rebiult it have no idea how it was done but i can ring him ect find out

The Flying Moose
Thursday 14th February 2013, 22:18
14 Feb 2013

Time for another update!

Well gearbox is done, extremely long story and a difficult job to say the least but nonetheless back on the road after many £££'s

Also over the past week the following have been changed:
-Front Wheel Bearings
-Both outside CV Gators with genuine Volvo gators £47 each!!!
-Front Pads Replaced with new Ferrodo's
-Oil change
-Fresh Coolant
-New Gearbox oil (Millers 75w90)

So all in a pretty busy and expensive week but as I say just happy to have the car back on the road and thanks to Andy and Mark at Norfolk Volvo Spares for their time.

Oh nearly forgot to mention, also fitted a set of V70 rear cluster and roof bars which drastically improve things I think and actually make the car look a little higher than it actually sits on the coilovers.

Oh yes and now running like a rocket at 1.3 bar too so ready for the RR day now on Saturday :)

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0474_zps8898219c.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0478_zpse59fb32f.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0511_zpsd5bc799c.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0510_zps47a291aa.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0513_zps17088760.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0512_zps48333915.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0515_zpsc4e940f0.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0516_zps4f234ba6.jpg

merc85
Thursday 14th February 2013, 22:22
Looking ace Buddy :)

T5frankie
Thursday 14th February 2013, 22:22
nice mate nearly as nice as mine lol

T5frankie
Thursday 14th February 2013, 22:23
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/20130208_171304_zps9cdc132d.jpg

only just noticed i also have no roof rails

The Flying Moose
Thursday 14th February 2013, 22:34
Snap! Well before the roof bars anyway!

I look forward to seeing yours in the flesh mate, red vs red at York?

Nealevo
Thursday 14th February 2013, 22:35
So you want this gearbox still??????

T5frankie
Thursday 14th February 2013, 22:38
Snap! Well before the roof bars anyway!

I look forward to seeing yours in the flesh mate, red vs red at York?

yeah mate, i'm gonna kick yo butt

The Flying Moose
Thursday 14th February 2013, 22:40
So you want this gearbox still??????

Yes please... lets just say the one that is now in it wasn't mine to take ;)

Therefore I still need a replacement to replace the gearbox that's now in mine that isn't in my car...!

jotter22
Thursday 14th February 2013, 22:44
14 Feb 2013

Time for another update!

Well gearbox is done, extremely long story and a difficult job to say the least but nonetheless back on the road after many £££'s

Also over the past week the following have been changed:
-Front Wheel Bearings
-Both outside CV Gators with genuine Volvo gators £47 each!!!
-Front Pads Replaced with new Ferrodo's
-Oil change
-Fresh Coolant
-New Gearbox oil (Millers 75w90)

So all in a pretty busy and expensive week but as I say just happy to have the car back on the road and thanks to Andy and Mark at Norfolk Volvo Spares for their time.

Oh nearly forgot to mention, also fitted a set of V70 rear cluster and roof bars which drastically improve things I think and actually make the car look a little higher than it actually sits on the coilovers.

Oh yes and now running like a rocket at 1.3 bar too so ready for the RR day now on Saturday :)

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0474_zps8898219c.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0478_zpse59fb32f.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0511_zpsd5bc799c.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0510_zps47a291aa.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0513_zps17088760.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0512_zps48333915.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0515_zpsc4e940f0.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0516_zps4f234ba6.jpg

Ahh i see in pic 1 you have bought the Halfords torque wrench!

Tony.

The Flying Moose
Thursday 14th February 2013, 22:55
Ahh i see in pic 1 you have bought the Halfords torque wrench!

Tony.

Yeah! Comes with only one setting "TF" or (Tight as Feck!)

Nealevo
Thursday 14th February 2013, 23:03
Yes please... lets just say the one that is now in it wasn't mine to take ;)

Therefore I still need a replacement to replace the gearbox that's now in mine that isn't in my car...!

O gotcha, that magic donor car again!! No probs ready to collect whenever your passing

The Flying Moose
Thursday 14th February 2013, 23:13
O gotcha, that magic donor car again!! No probs ready to collect whenever your passing

Cheers mate appreciated!

LiamT4
Friday 15th February 2013, 20:11
Very nice. looking forward to seeing it in the metal tomorrow at the r/r.

Nealevo
Friday 15th February 2013, 20:16
nice mate nearly as nice as mine lol

And both nearly as nice as mine. :-)

T5frankie
Friday 15th February 2013, 20:19
And both nearly as nice as mine. :-)

as nice as your automateeec lol

Nealevo
Friday 15th February 2013, 20:22
as nice as your automateeec lol

Did you not know, I'm doing a manual conversion.... Lol, there is a thread here somewhere

T5frankie
Friday 15th February 2013, 20:28
Did you not know, I'm doing a manual conversion.... Lol, there is a thread here somewhere

really? you should have said, may get it done by 2015 if you're waiting for smithy lol

Jamest5r
Friday 15th February 2013, 22:02
really? you should have said, may get it done by 2015 if you're waiting for smithy lol

Don't worry mate A-Team is in place :)

The Flying Moose
Sunday 17th March 2013, 18:45
March 17th

Small update.

I've been playing with the different settings on the coilovers, decided that despite the fact it looked fantastic on the floor it was a little too low to be practical. So sprung it up a little. This made a world of difference but still not 100% so I swapped out the rear spring for a softer set of Eibach 40mm springs and set the fronts to match the height and level it out. The result is a perfect ride height, a little more soft but still firm to hold the road and miles better than a standard setup so really happy with the results.

Also did a little house keeping, cleaned up the exhaust tailpipe with some autosol and changed a rotten exhaust clamp for a new one.

Oh and one more small mod... finally fitted the short shift kit and snabb poly shifter bushes I've had sat around for ages.

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0559_zpsa5799e09.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0562_zps3670fc08.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMG_0563_zps4e028e8b.jpg

leet5r
Sunday 17th March 2013, 19:02
nice mod the shifter bushes m8 , loved mine after i swaped them . lookin good m8

claymore
Sunday 17th March 2013, 19:03
I found the rear springs I had with my kit made the rear to bouncy, so I fitted the original springs with the shorter shocks, much better.

The Flying Moose
Sunday 17th March 2013, 19:10
I found the rear springs I had with my kit made the rear to bouncy, so I fitted the original springs with the shorter shocks, much better.

Sounds like you've done pretty much the same then Claymore. The Gaz shocks and general kit is made that well and has that much adjust-ability I was just getting fed up with trying to get it right... problem was I didnt really unless absolutely necessary ditch the Gaz's so ill test it over the next few weeks see how I get on.

The original springs for the rear were non adjustable and were at a guess a 60mm drop as even the 40mm springs looked massive in comparison. The old springs would fall out the top seat if you jacked the car up.

Nealevo
Sunday 17th March 2013, 19:27
Looking good Mr Moose.... Red rules!!

Jamest5r
Sunday 17th March 2013, 19:36
That's looking much better mate glad you've got the ride sorted out :), any news on your map?

V70 Graham
Sunday 17th March 2013, 19:55
Very nice, great looking car Emlyn.....even though it's Red lol

The Flying Moose
Sunday 17th March 2013, 19:59
That's looking much better mate glad you've got the ride sorted out :), any news on your map?

Cheers all...

Thanks James you've just reminded me to contact Adam!

smithy
Sunday 17th March 2013, 20:34
Looks nice mate I had eibach on my v70 and they are good springs .

WOODY T5
Sunday 17th March 2013, 20:49
looks a lot better now mate well done

LiamT4
Sunday 17th March 2013, 21:37
Looking good mate.

T5frankie
Sunday 17th March 2013, 22:19
ditto ^^^^^^^

iancho
Monday 18th March 2013, 06:44
Nice work... Lovely looking motor!