PDA

View Full Version : Newest purchase....T5 manual

T5rookie
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 14:15
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/2Crooky/IMG_0483-1.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/2Crooky/IMG_0482.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/2Crooky/IMG_0484-1.jpg

100k on the clock! Lowest I have seen for a manual T5 for a while....2 owners as well...

Booked in Friday for cambelt and water pump, and new exhaust on monday! Anything I need to be aware of on the cambelt change or let my mechanic know? Any double checks/adjustments that need to be made when new belt goes on?

Alex

T5rookie
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 14:16
Oh and what alloys are they as I haven't seen them before!

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 14:23
How much did you fork out for this machine? Looks lovely BTW.

T5rookie
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 14:24
I will PM you that :)

M-R-P
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 14:32
Nice. I like those wheels, I think I've seen them on an S80.

Any idea if the ETM and DIM have been replaced/updated as P2s of this age (pre 2004) were notorious for expensive little gremlins.
Although, the fact it's still on the road would say that it's all be sorted.

Enjoy :D

T5rookie
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 14:39
ETM has been done, twice.....Can't remember what the DEM is.....dash? Is that when the dials fail? Had it on my last one!

silverhorse
Looks good does that. I have got a T5 manual also. Love it!
I did my cambelt as soon as I got mine as well. Not cheap but not as expensive as a new engine:frown:
Get them to check for oil leaks around the seals when they have got it in bits. May as well get done at same time. Seals do perish and will only get worse.
Other than that, hopefully happy motoring!
BTW, are you doing whole exhaust and how much are you going to pay for that? are you upgrading or OEM?

T5rookie
HAs had thousands on services.....60k service was £960 from volvo!

M-R-P
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 14:43
ETM has been done, twice.....Can't remember what the DEM is.....dash? Is that when the dials fail? Had it on my last one!

Yeah, speedo - if your new one has silver rings round the dials - it's been done by Volvo and all good.

V70 Graham
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 15:41
100k on the clock! Lowest I have seen for a manual T5 for a while....2 owners as well...

Nice looking car you have there, welcome to the forum.....you've not seen mine then 1998 64,075 on the clock !

T5rookie
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 16:09
Ah but yours is a P1 then Graham.....P2's seem to all have skybarge miles! Don't think I have the silver rings....doubt it has been done then....

My cambelt, water pump, tensioners etc etc, new coolant and thermostat is being done for £300 notes which I don't think is too bad at all.....I budgeted for the work when haggling for the car :)

Exhaust will be same as my old one. Rear box cut off and 2.5" pipework, leading to 3" pipe for the tip. £40 all in as my mate works for longlife. No point spending the dolla until I want it remapped....that won't be till next spring. The p2 sounds awesome as long as the centre box stays put as well....no tractor idle....just 5 cylinder warble :)

MattM
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 16:12
Nice, welcome to the club :)

My P2 has 61k miles.

T5rookie
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 16:17
Thanks for the welcome...only taken over 2 years and 5 volvos for you to say hello! :banana:

Best thing I have found with these cars.....especially down London way because they use volvos everywhere, is the police vibe they give off...

My last one and already in this one, I have had a few people suddenly behave by the book or slow down on the motorway to 68 in the outside lane...let me past and as soon as they see a 26 yr old driving it full of ski gear they put their foot back down ha!

stephenevans99
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 16:27
Oh and what alloys are they as I haven't seen them before!

I'm fairly certain they're off a Ford Focus or C-Max...they look great though.

M-R-P
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 16:40
Thanks for the welcome...only taken over 2 years and 5 volvos for you to say hello! :banana:

Best thing I have found with these cars.....especially down London way because they use volvos everywhere, is the police vibe they give off...

My last one and already in this one, I have had a few people suddenly behave by the book or slow down on the motorway to 68 in the outside lane...let me past and as soon as they see a 26 yr old driving it full of ski gear they put their foot back down ha!

it's even better when it actually WAS a plod car... and you wear a hi-viz jacket when driving it ;)

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/DSCF9306.jpg

T5rookie
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 17:03
Liking that!

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 18:43
Thought you'd be out in the Alps by now?

What's this number 3 Volvo in a year?

T5rookie
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 19:18
Ha....nope just the second one....wish I didn't get rid of the 850 but I always missed my red p2 t5 so when another came up I had to have it....my old man is getting re-hitched on the 22nd so I'm holding off my ski season until 27th...Only 2 weeks now!