PDA

View Full Version : Praise to this Guy 855 t5 , Lives again??

merc85
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 20:38
1st things 1st, hope im not breaking any rules mentioning the volvoforums.org as this is not my intention and only want to help people like myself who havent got a endless supply of doller to be able to take there own vehicles to professionals

Nothing wrong also if you are fortunate tobe in that position. :)

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=168255&page=5 "This link is only to help other's" and is not intended to offend ANYONE!

This Guy took his time and certainly knows his stuff, with his patience and guidance he help me repair my car. "KBB MASTER TECH" trains peeps for a living diagnosing problems with vehicles using a Proven method following the correct steps to prove that simply replacing parts can be a long and costly way round to fixing a problem.

The above i have found is one of the best places to come for knowledgeable friendly peeps and im glad to be associated with there forum along with ours to of course.

Ive been a member on there for quite a few years now and was my very 1st forum i joined.

All looking good so for she has stopped and started better than ever over 12 times tonight, im leaving her overnight now before putting her all back together after i try to start her tomorrow morning all being well she will not be broken.

Thanks again to V.O.C

Possibly another Volvo 855 t5 saved.

deathrider311271
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 20:50
nice one Gav, spoken to that guy a few times and he deffo knows his stuff

iancho
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 21:06
Well done mate, you were so fed up before and thought you would be breaking your lovely motor. Well pleased for you, any help from anywhere is a thumbs up in my book! :wink:

claymore
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 21:09
Yep, I've been following your thread on there, I certainly learnt a lot this week.

T5frankie
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 21:20
well done mate

martybelfastt5
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 21:23
exellent mate

merc85
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 21:33
exellent mate

Thanks to your imput to Buddy, I also lernt how to strip a Igniton switch (not that i did) or was going to, But trust me ive been searching all threads everywhere to try and sort this problem out, Really came so close to doing the same as i did to my last T5.

Thanks to everyones imput. :)

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 22:29
whoop whoop :)

foammanmark
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 22:34
Really pleased for you Merc, and I hope that she starts OK in the morn.

V70 Graham
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 22:41
Well done Gav, I'm pleased for you mate, and when you turn that key in the morning and she fires first time.....just think how you'd have felt if you'd have broken her.

M-R-P
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 22:41
Soo glad to see one of my fav 5 cars dodging the crusher...

Well done Gav.

V70 Graham
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 22:44
Soo glad to see one of my fav 5 cars dodging the crusher...

Well done Gav.

Oooh do tell the other 4 :confused:

t5 pete
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 22:45
Fantastic news thats what forums are all about its great when some one like kbb is there to help and is much apperciated

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 22:53
Nice one matey, amazing how one small wire can bring the whole thing down. Some good info there :)

Have you found where the original wire has broken?

M-R-P
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 22:56
Oooh do tell the other 4 :confused:

I feel a thread coming on...

merc85
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 23:27
Nice one matey, amazing how one small wire can bring the whole thing down. Some good info there :)

Have you found where the original wire has broken?

No, im not going to investigate it any further, Really dont want to stir up a Wasps nest lol, Just going to cut it out properly and run a brand new wire to the coil. Whilst im under there and the scuttle is off she will be getting a good clean and polish. (Providing she starts) in the morning. If not well.... lol

Come on "Buster" dont let me down, show me you run and i will treat you to your new Reg, :)

stribo
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 06:38
Great news Gav, would have been a shame to see it broken. Look forward to racing you next year. :) I might give you a chance and use my C70. ;)

rikcougar
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 07:47
Great news, any update on starting this morning ?

V70 Graham
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 09:01
Great news, any update on starting this morning ?

We're all waiting mate.....

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 12:58
Well morning has come and gone....I hope your next post is good news!!

oblark
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 13:03
Well done Gav, it would have been a very sad day to see your car go to the breakers.

Nealevo
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 13:19
Do we take it as.......... NO news is good news or is it on fire????

Kingsford G
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 13:25
Phuuu,glad she lives to catch lot of eyes and buirn some rubber lol

merc85
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 13:33
Do we take it as.......... NO news is good news or is it on fire????

Well turned her over this morning, And yes you guessed it , it just cranked and cranked.......... So, i fiddle with my makeshift connection and she started up!
Turn her off and on 4 times and she started everyone of them.

So ive bought some new plugs for her and am going to carry to repair properly tonight.
As before i will update on progress lets just hope the non starting this morning was a glitch with my temporary bodge.

Thanks for everyones imput ;)

foammanmark
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 18:55
Sounds like it should just be a glitch and I have my fingers crossed for you.