well the car failed :(
headlight have no beam pattern for some reason,
emisisons were
c0 0.914% fail
lambda 0.983 pass

second test

co 1.226% fail
lambda 0.960 fail
what do ya think? lambda sensor knackered?

V70 Graham
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 08:50
Those co figures are mighty high !

Even oblarks car with no cat came in under that.

brett5
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 08:59
it did go down to .643 but rose back up again for some reason, ive got a cat on too, im running out of days for free retest and need to get it fixed

M-R-P
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 09:18
Looks like overfueling - or at least, not igniting properly.
Have you changed plugs/leads/filters recently?
Maybe a big shot of catacleaner would help?

brett5
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 09:21
leads are new and the plugs look ok an i have an induction kit wich is clean and it has new oil in from when i did the head

nobananas
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 20:27
I'm assuming the first test was at fast idle and the second test at idle ,or were the first results the Basic Emissions Test (BETS) and the second Manufacturers Emissions Test (METS). Usually as a general rule of thumb if the vehicle fails on both CO and Lambda then I would suspect a faulty Lambda sensor, if it fails on just CO then the fault may lie in the Cat and the first thing I would do is give it a good blast to clear it out. Problem is with the MOT test is most testers will do the emissions at the very end of the test so the vehicle is warmed up, this can also mean however that the vehicle may also be choked up from idling for an excessive length of time. You could ask the tester if he would mind doing the emissions test before logging it on (this way you won't loose your retest) and bring the vehicle in after a quick blast. If the HC's weren't high then chances are it's not over fueling, misfiring or burning oil and the manufacturers CO parameters are between 0.2-1.0 % (before the cat mops up to bring it down to below 0.3 % for METS or 0.5 % for BETS) so yours isn't excessively high if the cat wasn't working at all.
As for the headlights, usual reason for no beam pattern is incorrectly fitted bulbs or corroded reflectors.

brett5
Friday 14th December 2012, 19:23
fitted new lambda sensor and sealed the exhaust and she passed :) thank you for your help

V70 Graham
Friday 14th December 2012, 21:48
fitted new lambda sensor and sealed the exhaust and she passed :) thank you for your help

Glad your all sorted for another year !