PDA

View Full Version : Estate spoiler brackets...

Nifton
Monday 10th December 2012, 19:19
Discontinued at the stealers! Anyone got any ideas where they can be sourced from, or indeed a patern to fabricate a set?? Not to happy with just glueing it on....

T5frankie
Monday 10th December 2012, 19:22
they are not discontinued, you have to buy them for a saloon, they come in a pack with the sticky tape you need to fix saloon spoilers, they aint cheap

M-R-P
Monday 10th December 2012, 19:25
What's a set worth then? ;)

Nifton
Monday 10th December 2012, 22:07
Cheers Frankie. I still can't find any. Think I saw some in the US, indeed for saloon, but with postage was insane! I got some brackets with the spoiler (off bret) but they are wrong, so I'm guessing they are for the V70 (he did tell me this)

M-R-P You got some bargaining power then?? ;)

Saaamon
Monday 10th December 2012, 22:11
Are v70 brackets different to 850 ones?

Nifton
Monday 10th December 2012, 22:13
well they fit the spoiler perfectly, but not the car. Spoiler is the same on 850 n V70 as far as I can tell. So it is assumption...

T5frankie
Monday 10th December 2012, 22:20
They are all the same and the you get them from Volvo

Saaamon
Monday 10th December 2012, 22:22
Ive just had a v70 spoiler painted to go on my 850 didnt really bother to offer it up properly as assumed the brackets must fit some how,, ahh well not a problem i'll just glue it... good times.

Edit.. cheers frankie.

Nifton
Monday 10th December 2012, 22:43
They are all the same and the you get them from Volvo

Not true mate, Harrats found the parts and they are discontinued :( that was from a call made today. I trust what they say as they have been able to find me all kinds of obscure parts for old Volvos in the past. Prove me wrong mate as I could really do with those brackets....

Hmm, if they are they same I wonder what the ones I have on mine are for?? (Bret has a v70 so again assumed they would fit that)

M-R-P
Monday 10th December 2012, 23:13
This is what I have...
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Snapbucket/DSCF9636.jpg
not sure if they're P1 or 850 but I can't see how they'd differ so much that a few self-tappers can't secure them.

£20, posted

T5frankie
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 05:52
Not true mate, Harrats found the parts and they are discontinued :( that was from a call made today. I trust what they say as they have been able to find me all kinds of obscure parts for old Volvos in the past. Prove me wrong mate as I could really do with those brackets....
It was only a few weeks ago I rang for it. They don't sell them on their own it's part of a kit . Saloon spoiler fixing kit, ring bells Volvo Northampton
Hmm, if they are they same I wonder what the ones I have on mine are for?? (Bret has a v70 so again assumed they would fit that)I'm not making it up, it was only a month I asked bells Volvo Northampton for it. They don't sell them on their own only as part of a fixing kit for saloon spoilers

960kg
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 09:39
This is what I have...
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Snapbucket/DSCF9636.jpg
not sure if they're P1 or 850 but I can't see how they'd differ so much that a few self-tappers can't secure them.

£20, posted

These are phase 2 brackets which just hook around blocks on the tailgate and the bolts hold them onto the spoiler.

The 850 and Phase 1 V70 have an extra square part by your thumb and have three holes for bolts to the tailgate.

In other words the phase 2 & 3 the brackets are supplied with a glue adhesive kit as well to fix the spoiler.

Brackets are not available seperate but as a kit £25 for Phase 1 and 850

All are still available according to my Volvo dealer.

M-R-P
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 10:02
These are phase 2 brackets which just hook around blocks on the tailgate and the bolts hold them onto the spoiler.

The 850 and Phase 1 V70 have an extra square part by your thumb and have three holes for bolts to the tailgate.

In other words the phase 2 & 3 the brackets are supplied with a glue adhesive kit as well to fix the spoiler.

Brackets are not available seperate but as a kit £25 for Phase 1 and 850

All are still available according to my Volvo dealer.

At the risk of annoying you once again...

The P2 spoiler doesn't use a bracket PFV (http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=1189220&ukey_assembly=243373). The ones pictured came from either a 850 or P1 V70, I know that because I took them off.
Have a look at post #11 on this (http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/45269-855v70-spoiler-mounting-brakets/) thread, this shows these brackets being used to mount a spoiler to an 850. Looks like there are 2 different types of bracket for these spoilers, both work for both cars.

Jimmie
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 11:00
The saloon and estate spoiler brackets are not the same as far as i remember.
You might just have to use tiger glue like some of the body shops or keep hunting.

brett5
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 11:15

Hmm, if they are they same I wonder what the ones I have on mine are for?? (Bret has a v70 so again assumed they would fit that)
mines a 850 mate

960kg
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 15:25
At the risk of annoying you once again...

The P2 spoiler doesn't use a bracket PFV (http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=1189220&ukey_assembly=243373). The ones pictured came from either a 850 or P1 V70, I know that because I took them off.
Have a look at post #11 on this (http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/45269-855v70-spoiler-mounting-brakets/) thread, this shows these brackets being used to mount a spoiler to an 850. Looks like there are 2 different types of bracket for these spoilers, both work for both cars.

Please don`t mention the risk of annoying me....LOL

I must apologise as i was rushing to get out this morning and have since refreshed my bad memory about these darned brackets.

It was all covered months ago on VOC and the brackets in the pic. of mine are `97 V70 the same as 850 but only up to about 1999/2000 when your bracket was used along with an adhesive pad or tube of Volvo adhesive to ensure the spoiler stayed on the tailgate as it only clipped on. If the sticky pad wasn`t used then it wasn`t a factory fit.

I remember now that p2 V70 have bolts and a sticky pad each side just as my V40 T4

M-R-P
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 15:50
Phew lol.

Nifton
Tuesday 11th December 2012, 22:47
Thems the ones I've got 960. So they are going begging if any one wants them, just shout up.

Bret, only caught a glance at your motor, looks so shiny n straight it fooled me ;)