PDA

View Full Version : Looking for radio code for my newly acquuired X-reg Volvo

Penrichment
Wednesday 5th December 2012, 18:54
Hello,

Trying to unlock the radio on my v40.

Can anybody help? I have radio serial number and car unique ref no.

Cheers

p fandango
Wednesday 5th December 2012, 18:59
if its the factory radio take your V5 into the local main stealer & they'll get the code for you, done it a few times & never been charged for the service

V70 Graham
Wednesday 5th December 2012, 19:05
Wot Pedro said....takes em 5 mins, and completely FOC

t5 pete
Wednesday 5th December 2012, 19:45
Or rufe did a service where you could pm him your details etc and he would get the code for you.
P.s if you didnt know rufe works for vovlo and offers us a brilliant discount on parts if you do a quick search you will find him

MA'R'K
Wednesday 5th December 2012, 21:03
...occasionally, if you're lucky, the code has been written on the top of the stereo if you pull it out ;-) . Also, if you ask for your cars 'security attributes' they can supply you a print out with:

Radio code
Ignition key
Immobilizer pin
VGLA remote key pin
VGLA locktype pin
VGLA option pin
Combi, tripcomp pin

may as well get them all at the same time and keep them safe.....never know when you might need them!

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 5th December 2012, 21:03
I have actually just rang the local dealer over the phone and given them the car registration and they have provided the details there and then.

volvokid
Thursday 6th December 2012, 06:42
I have actually just rang the local dealer over the phone and given them the car registration and they have provided the details there and then.

Yeah depends who you call if I phoned Arnold Clark they would tell you to take your docs in plus probably charge you lol scum bags

t5 pete
Thursday 6th December 2012, 08:38
Yeah depends who you call if I phoned Arnold Clark they would tell you to take your docs in plus probably charge you lol scum bags

Yep had that at the wakefield branch and did certainly charge

Nealevo
Thursday 6th December 2012, 08:48

Me too, I just phoned and they gave it me...