PDA

View Full Version : windscreen washer fluid bottle leaks !

superiorjet
Sunday 2nd December 2012, 15:04
2009 S80
every time i fill with windscreen wash fluid
it will not fill to top ?
it leaks some fluid onto the road at front of nsf tyre.!!
is it an oerflow sysem.? or broken / leaking ?
steve

partsforvolvos.com
Wednesday 9th January 2013, 16:56
i suspect the bottle neck connection will be adrift so what is filling up the tube leaks out, down to the level of the main bottle. unfortunately i think it is going to be behing the wheel arch liner.
might be a relatively easy fix though.

foammanmark
Wednesday 9th January 2013, 18:59
i suspect the bottle neck connection will be adrift so what is filling up the tube leaks out, down to the level of the main bottle. unfortunately i think it is going to be behing the wheel arch liner.
might be a relatively easy fix though.

I have exactly the same problem with my p1 V70, so I have avoid filling the neck up. Think mine is just replaced in the engine compartment, but do you have the necks in stock please?

partsforvolvos.com
Thursday 10th January 2013, 11:05
sorry mark, the pipe is something we cant get. i never seen one split, unless because of accident so its probably popped out- unless you have already looked at it?

foammanmark
Thursday 10th January 2013, 18:36
sorry mark, the pipe is something we cant get. i never seen one split, unless because of accident so its probably popped out- unless you have already looked at it?

Thanks for replying and I'll take a closer look .

Jaseb77
Saturday 19th January 2013, 15:57
2009 S80
every time i fill with windscreen wash fluid
it will not fill to top ?
it leaks some fluid onto the road at front of nsf tyre.!!
is it an oerflow sysem.? or broken / leaking ?
steve

My S80, is doing the same things since it got cold, need to get it on ramp to have aloof at inner arch liner removal