PDA

View Full Version : 4.4 ecu in an 850 t5?

theflyingbrick
Friday 30th November 2012, 19:35
does anyone know for sure if the 4.4 ecu from the later volvos will work/run an 1995 850 t5?? any help is welcomed as a pretty purchase depends on it :)

T5frankie
Friday 30th November 2012, 19:37
get that donut james who has both cars to try on his, he has said he knows then dont know lol and he owns both cars

theflyingbrick
Friday 30th November 2012, 19:40
get that donut james who has both cars to try on his, he has said he knows then dont know lol and he owns both cars

hahaha hopefully he sees this thread and jumps to it lol

i mean.....oi leave james alone hes anything but a donut ;)

p fandango
Friday 30th November 2012, 19:51
i've got a standard M4.4, & no it wouldn't work in my 854. After speaking to Adam (Turbo Tuner) he said its to do with the immobilizer that the S/V70 has which the 850 hasn't, ie its not completing the transducer circuit. He also said that could be removed for me when i got it Turbo Tuned, whether remapping it removes it as well depends on the manufacture i'd of thought. I've attached a file that explains some other differences between the 2 ecu's LINK (https://www.box.com/s/8mqcpnlbh69g42zik7gy)

theflyingbrick
Friday 30th November 2012, 20:01
so in a nut shell it wont work unless i wanna mess around with wiring and what not..........and i dont,so looks like im still on the hunt for a map to suit my new setup :)

p fandango
Friday 30th November 2012, 20:06
so in a nut shell it wont work unless i wanna mess around with wiring and what not..........and i dont,so looks like im still on the hunt for a map to suit my new setup :)
i think the main issue is the immobilizer circuit, so depends if that functions been removed via the remap or not. According to Adam the other wiring/missing sensors weren't the reason it wasn't running in BT

Jamest5r
Friday 30th November 2012, 20:16

i've got a standard M4.4, & no it wouldn't work in my 854. After speaking to Adam (Turbo Tuner) he said its to do with the immobilizer that the S/V70 has which the 850 hasn't, ie its not completing the transducer circuit. He also said that could be removed for me when i got it Turbo Tuned, whether remapping it removes it as well depends on the manufacture i'd of thought. I've attached a file that explains some other differences between the 2 ecu's LINK (https://www.box.com/s/8mqcpnlbh69g42zik7gy)

i think the main issue is the immobilizer circuit, so depends if that functions been removed via the remap or not. According to Adam the other wiring/missing sensors weren't the reason it wasn't running in BT

Ok...cheers Frankie luv ya too :)

All i know on the subject factually...I have a turbo-tuner 4.4 in my 850 and the only question Adam asked was did i have air-con, no it was removed a while ago so met Adam plugged a 4.4 into my 850 and it started.

Brick, in reply to your pm...yes i will try the standard 4.4 from the saffy in the 850 but the ecu has never been out of the saffy so still got the security band around it and being -3 at the mo you got no chance till tomorrow.

Oh and yeah Frankie is a Numpty Boy :)

T5frankie
Friday 30th November 2012, 20:19
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jAuY8daappg/TMhytzDrF-I/AAAAAAAAD8I/cmvNdeQIenE/s1600/numpty.jpg

theflyingbrick
Friday 30th November 2012, 21:30
Ok...cheers Frankie luv ya too :)

All i know on the subject factually...I have a turbo-tuner 4.4 in my 850 and the only question Adam asked was did i have air-con, no it was removed a while ago so met Adam plugged a 4.4 into my 850 and it started.

Brick, in reply to your pm...yes i will try the standard 4.4 from the saffy in the 850 but the ecu has never been out of the saffy so still got the security band around it and being -3 at the mo you got no chance till tomorrow.

Oh and yeah Frankie is a Numpty Boy :)

cheers mate appreciate that :)

Jamest5r
Saturday 1st December 2012, 21:17
No it don't work. The TT i have must have something's adapted within it :), after reading Pedro's link i can see why.

p fandango
Saturday 1st December 2012, 21:24
No it don't work. The TT i have must have something's adapted within it :), after reading Pedro's link i can see why.
it'll be the immobilizer circuit, did it almost fire the first time but just crank only from then on

theflyingbrick
Saturday 1st December 2012, 21:39

thanks for that anyway mate appreciate it.......looks like ill find another way to map my ecu to suit the mods :( was kinda hoping this would work as its cheap and already done for my setup!! oh well you cant always have it so easy i suppose

Jamest5r
Saturday 1st December 2012, 21:48
it'll be the immobilizer circuit, did it almost fire the first time but just crank only from then on

No it just cranked, but i think vxr inj would of just flooded it from the start.

thanks for that anyway mate appreciate it.......looks like ill find another way to map my ecu to suit the mods :( was kinda hoping this would work as its cheap and already done for my setup!! oh well you cant always have it so easy i suppose

Could alway's just get a TT and take it from there :)

theflyingbrick
Saturday 1st December 2012, 21:53
how much is one of those??? i bet its more than the 150 nuggets i was gonna pay for that ecu ;) i do have another option which is all a bit hush hush at the mo but im sure once its tried and tested ill spill the beans :D

Jamest5r
Saturday 1st December 2012, 22:20
how much is one of those??? i bet its more than the 150 nuggets i was gonna pay for that ecu ;) i do have another option which is all a bit hush hush at the mo but im sure once its tried and tested ill spill the beans :D

Yeah about 3 times as much but depending on how far you want to change things on your car gives you total control and when you add up what you will spend on in the future on different maps..... :)