PDA

View Full Version : iPod socket for 850 headunit

mhill53
Friday 30th November 2012, 09:41
Hi there, is it possible to install a port to plug your iPhone or MP3 player into a standard Volvo head unit?

Nifton
Friday 30th November 2012, 10:36
I have seen some people mention that they've added an aux in to it, but I haven't seen a tutorial, sure someone will be along who is in the know!

M-R-P
Friday 30th November 2012, 11:15
Doesn't the Grom integration stuff do all that? V70Graham has it in hes P1 V70. Good quality installation too.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 30th November 2012, 11:34
I have a complete Sony headunit with the Volvo ISO loom - comes with a 6cd multi changer & ipod aux (not just the 3.5mm jack - the real deal ipod plug). Comes complete with pocket to fill the hole left by the single DIN.

and it has a remote control (though God only knows why you'd need a remote for a head unit in a car).

Dangerous Dave
Friday 30th November 2012, 12:17
Depends on which head unit you have, but there is a guide on how to add an Aux input to the Volvo head unit (at least some of the older unit anyway) Mine is an Sc-802 and I added a front and reax Aux input.

Theres a thread on here somewhere and on VOC too, I'll see if I can dig it out.

Dangerous Dave
Friday 30th November 2012, 12:20
Here's one thread which covers some models (lots of pages though)
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=89936

One with pictures for the SC801
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=106676

volvo850R
Saturday 1st December 2012, 21:36
I managed to find one of the blitz ipod connectors in a scrapyard but have never managed to get the sodding thing to work. Other than that ive tried everything and given up and gone back to the cd changer! Theres always the dubious fm transmitters or ipod tape deck thingies.

Theres loads of stuff out there on fitting an AUX to these headunits i just dont want to balls up mine as its a factory fitted sc-805 cd headunit in black which are quite rare i beleive. Shame half the leds dont work:parhmph:

V70 Graham
Saturday 1st December 2012, 22:01
Doesn't the Grom integration stuff do all that? V70Graham has it in hes P1 V70. Good quality installation too.

As Martin says, I have the Grom setup, excellent sound, hidden from view (with Bluetooth dongle), the only way to go to preserve the 'Factory Stereo' look imho