PDA

View Full Version : Dash bulbs.. Colour change?

Mark_V40T4
Thursday 29th November 2012, 10:29
Well unfortunately i have 2 bulbs off, one on the heater panel and on on the instrument panel itself decided to play up :( I have already replaced 1 on the heater panel then one of the others went! :(

now I've been thinking about changing the colour of the bulbs whilst I'm there, I've seen it done on some other topics but they are soldered in. Is there away of just replacing the bulbs to give a blueish or white look without the need of this?

also what type of bulbs do i need and how many? as ive read there are 2 different types?.. My car is a PH1 T4

Thanks
Mark.

Haizum74
Thursday 29th November 2012, 14:59
Well unfortunately i have 2 bulbs off, one on the heater panel and on on the instrument panel itself decided to play up :( I have already replaced 1 on the heater panel then one of the others went! :(

now I've been thinking about changing the colour of the bulbs whilst I'm there, I've seen it done on some other topics but they are soldered in. Is there away of just replacing the bulbs to give a blueish or white look without the need of this?

also what type of bulbs do i need and how many? as ive read there are 2 different types?.. My car is a PH1 T4

Thanks
Mark.

So you just need to know the type of bulbs for the instrument panel and not the heater panel?

Mark_V40T4
Thursday 29th November 2012, 17:01
Yes, I know what the heater panel ones are and already found smd led replacements, it's just the instrument panel as my computer light (the one on the right handside) has gone out and once ive removed the lot I'd like to do the Speedo, revs etc at the same time in a different colour as the green looks rather dated :)