PDA

View Full Version : Slight clutch slip in this weather?

cherry1809
Thursday 29th November 2012, 07:00
Clutch is genuine Volvo 18 month's old, slave cylinder didn't look 'that' great when the clutch was done.
Try a new slave cylinder?

M-R-P
Thursday 29th November 2012, 08:36
You sure it's not just wheelspin? Loonatic :D

Nifton
Thursday 29th November 2012, 10:17
lol, yeah, it's pretty slippy today. I'm not used to driving a car with so much inertia and power, think i worried a few peds on the way to work this morning. Think i blame it on clutch slip as well ;)

merc85
Thursday 29th November 2012, 12:37
Did the Rear Main seal get replaced when the clutch was done?? if not it could be oil getting onto the plate.

cherry1809
Thursday 29th November 2012, 13:16
I gave him a new genuine seal... Said he fitted it :(
I'll have to have a climb about and have a looksie for leaks. I know I've still got a leak on the crank cradle, but haven't noticed any burning oil smells.
It was slippery (lol) but sure it was slipping in 4th, hasn't had that much done to it!

cherry1809
Thursday 29th November 2012, 13:21
Oh, and add to that the peddle doesn't come back up instantly. Bit of a delay if I lift off quick. Air bubble in the system? Won't hurt to try that.

merc85
Thursday 29th November 2012, 13:35
Humm poss clutch slave, pedol should really come back up as soon as you lift off. let me know if you need one, sure ive a spare somewhere

Also the Rear crank seals can be a pit right pitta to fit, i damaged the 1st one so had to buy another,

cherry1809
Thursday 29th November 2012, 17:43
Hoping it's not the seal :(
I'd have thought any oil from the crank will either just run out, or get spun out before it gets to the plate?
The pedal wasn't like it before the clutch change (it was 2 days before we went Le Mans 2011) everything was a right rush, so just put up with it as it didn't take anything away from the driving side of things, I just noticed it did it... And crossed our fingers it'd make the trip, which it did. :)