PDA

View Full Version : What tunner deals with MTE?

volvokid
Thursday 29th November 2012, 00:13
Looking on the web at tunners, I see Kalmer Union did them, not sure if they still do. But they are way down south and are a last resort unless I hear glowing reports, you never seem to hear anything about them on here the only place that gets mentioned is HLM. I would like a tunner in Scotland but I know thats not going to happen. I need one that can get my running problem sorted too, I want to kill 2 birds with one stone so they need to be good and worth my while, traveling from the N/E of Scotland so it needs to be sorted, unlike my 2 attempts at my dealer.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 29th November 2012, 00:44
First I looked at this thread because you've put too many N's in tuner. However that aside I am about 1 hr from HLM so if yous wanny stay heeer then you'd be more than welcome. What sort of time frame are you looking at?

The tuning branch of HLM/RICA in Lesmahagow - ceased trading within 1 year due to lack of demand.

Only other way to do the tuning thing would be via post - then you can pick who ever you want - MTE, Kalmar Union, HLM, BSR etc etc.

I'd like to meet you & swap detailing tips - though this time of year is gonna be tricky to actually do much outside.

volvokid
Thursday 29th November 2012, 01:02
I can only appoligise I have no spell checker, im offshore and the PC's suck. I need to do some research first. I've always wanted to go MTE with this car.
haha you would be disapointed with my car, I've never detailed it haha bad I know, it gets washed and waxed, but I have never paint corrected it and it needs it!! Im sure you know how hard it is with a young family. I bought this car with the intent not to be to fussy with it, I just wanted to keep it tidy and not showroom lol. It still takes me hours to wash it lol.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 29th November 2012, 01:09
I think tuning will be difficult for you with time constraints via anything other than post. Very tricky to explain to the family how you are about to disappear for 4 days to get your car mapped. There is not much in it between off the shelf maps from the main 3 - RICA, MTE or HLM - at least not for stage 1. Is this for the gay gold one??

volvokid
Thursday 29th November 2012, 01:36
yip its a nightmare, the wife hates me doing anything car related so trying to tell her to come with me to do this wont be easy, I have to try and turn it into a small holliday lol. No its for the P2 from what I have read the MTE is a smoother map and less aggresive, I like aggresive but also want a car that wont break lol. I think Don is clued up with the P2 stuff thats why I thought about going there, so he can then sort my running issue too.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 29th November 2012, 10:53
yip its a nightmare, the wife hates me doing anything car related so trying to tell her to come with me to do this wont be easy, I have to try and turn it into a small holliday lol. No its for the P2 from what I have read the MTE is a smoother map and less aggresive, I like aggresive but also want a car that wont break lol. I think Don is clued up with the P2 stuff thats why I thought about going there, so he can then sort my running issue too.

I don't think Don or Hamish have anymore or less experience TBH. Hamish ran a V70 P2 T5 for 4 -5 years. Up to you which you choose. I don't mind if you want just to use us as a stop over.

deathrider311271
Thursday 29th November 2012, 19:10
AET motorsport are well worth concidering, after the results i have seen from them, as far as im concerned they are the only choice for me.

http://www.aet-motorsport.co.uk/

Nealevo
Thursday 29th November 2012, 19:21
I cant praise HLM enough, they sorted out all my running problems, remapped my car and it now mine flies.......for an auto, friendly staff, (if you bring coffee with you) and very reasonably priced.. They get my vote!

volvokid
Thursday 29th November 2012, 20:20
Ok dave I will consider it, Gonna have a look on the map, and thank you for the kind offer, not to sure if the wife would be keen but if its just me that comes down I certainly would :)

What maps do HLM use for the P2 dave? Im sure you can understand why i'm a bit worried about mapping the R that one of the reasons I wanted a tried and test off the shelf

MattM
Friday 30th November 2012, 11:49
HLM use Autotech for P2 I believe. That's what I got from them.
Autotech are developed by a guy in Sweden who knows his stuff. A lot of cars over there use the maps.

graemewelch
Friday 30th November 2012, 17:40
If i was to get my car mapped again id use either mte or shark performance. Currenty running the hlm autotech map.

T5frankie
Friday 30th November 2012, 18:30
got to be autotech martin, big name in sweden

MattM
Friday 30th November 2012, 22:28
If i was to get my car mapped again id use either mte or shark performance. Currenty running the hlm autotech map.

You not getting on with autotech?

volvokid
Friday 30th November 2012, 22:34
I think I have decided to go down to MRG to get the car fixed, then there is a guy that might be able to help with getting the MTE map on the car while its in there. now the difficult part getting the wife on board

T5frankie
Friday 30th November 2012, 22:39
I think I have decided to go down to MRG to get the car fixed, then there is a guy that might be able to help with getting the MTE map on the car while its in there. now the difficult part getting the wife on board
You need to man up, so many under the thumbers on here

Jimmie
Friday 30th November 2012, 22:53
[QUOTE=t5frankie;551438]You need to man up, so many under the thumbers on here[/QUOTE
I'v heard these saying before and guess what the man is normally the mouse of the family.
Are you a mouse.LOL

p fandango
Friday 30th November 2012, 22:58
then there is a guy that might be able to help with getting the MTE map on the car while its in there
i'd ask him some question about what safety features are removed from the ecu once mapped, i've read people unplugging the bcs & it not even throwing a cel light/fault code. If something as serious as that (especially on a boost sensitive P2R) can go undetected what else have they disabled

volvokid
Friday 30th November 2012, 23:27
i'd ask him some question about what safety features are removed from the ecu once mapped, i've read people unplugging the bcs & it not even throwing a cel light/fault code. If something as serious as that (especially on a boost sensitive P2R) can go undetected what else have they disabled

I never thought about that, I will ask. MTE are supposed to be one of the safest maps from what I have read over the past year.

volvokid
Friday 30th November 2012, 23:28
You need to man up, so many under the thumbers on here

lol I have maned up by provinding for my family and not a tin can for once in my life.

p fandango
Friday 30th November 2012, 23:35
MTE are supposed to be one of the safest maps from what I have read over the past year.
you'll find bad stories about all long established Volvo tuners if you look around