PDA

View Full Version : More CF and Another......

gmain1967
Wednesday 28th November 2012, 20:35
As per title... Had some CF left lying around so decided to do both strut braces. Oh and seeing as I've had a Turbo XS DV welded to a joiner for best part of a year, decided to do that as well..... It was a damn sight easier than fitting blanking plate to the S70 T5 I had!!!!

M-R-P
Wednesday 28th November 2012, 20:40
Looks the mutz mate. Did you use the posh 3M stuff?

Harvey
Wednesday 28th November 2012, 21:04
Looking at those boost hose clamps they won't blow off anytime soon,use that type on quite high pressures at work.

gmain1967
Wednesday 28th November 2012, 21:44
Looks the mutz mate. Did you use the posh 3M stuff?

Yep, had stuff lying about from other bits that have been done - rear spoiler, sideskirts, engine and cam cover, most of "fake wood" interior.... Getting more off mate who has a graphic signwriting business and bottom half of the doors getting done next...

gmain1967
Wednesday 28th November 2012, 21:46
Looking at those boost hose clamps they won't blow off anytime soon,use that type on quite high pressures at work.

Jubilee clips are crap so I just change them as a matter of course with the Mikalor clamps. Kind of need them as it runs at 1.5bar....!

M-R-P
Wednesday 28th November 2012, 22:35
Aaah, wrapping interior trim... A firm favorite of mine, well worth the effort. Any pics? Have a look at my c/f wrap thread... Makes a non-chavvy difference that freshens up a car :)

gmain1967
Wednesday 28th November 2012, 23:01
Aaah, wrapping interior trim... A firm favorite of mine, well worth the effort. Any pics? Have a look at my c/f wrap thread... Makes a non-chavvy difference that freshens up a car :)

Strangely, was thinking of using off cuts to do last bits tomorrow around dash.... Had pics but lost them all when hard drive crashed earlier this year (now got external drive that everything is backed up to routinely). Will get some pics tomorrow if I get time!

M-R-P
Wednesday 28th November 2012, 23:03
If you still have that hard drive, I can resurrect it...
Careful not to overdo the carbon wrap... it can become chavvy very quickly lol ;)

gmain1967
Thursday 29th November 2012, 08:51
If you still have that hard drive, I can resurrect it...
Careful not to overdo the carbon wrap... it can become chavvy very quickly lol ;)

Cheers for offer but hard drive had everything tried to resurrect it by mate who is a guru with that sort of stuff.... Long gone now... Not going to do whole car, but CF rather than fake wood is definittely better - whoever at Volvo thought that a good idea should be taken round the back and shot!!!

Mark_V40T4
Thursday 29th November 2012, 10:17
looks good, been tempted to redo my engine cover for awhile, new coat of silver and some CF wrap!

M-R-P
Thursday 29th November 2012, 10:28
I wrapped a set of interior trims in brushed titanium for somebody a while ago and it looked amazing. thinking about redoing mine.

gmain1967
Thursday 29th November 2012, 18:51
Well, went mad and got stuff off mate for exterior. Got the lower half of both rear doors done in just over an hour. He gave me tip on using heat gun for it (it's heavy duty exterior stuff) and jesus how much easier does that make things!!! Going to do front's tomorrow (weather permitting) but will need to rub down passenger side due to some rust along foot and prep before wrapping. Rears look damned good though I do say it myself. And not out of place as the car is black anyhow. Pics when they're all done!

smithy
Thursday 29th November 2012, 19:46
What turbo are you using to run 1.5 bar mate

gmain1967
Thursday 29th November 2012, 23:04
What turbo are you using to run 1.5 bar mate

A hybrid 19T TD04......

M-R-P
Thursday 29th November 2012, 23:12
Aaah yes... heat gun makes wrapping much easier...

Here's a set I did for D2K...
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Snapbucket/BE7DD712-orig.jpg

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Snapbucket/B58050C8-orig.jpg

gmain1967
Thursday 29th November 2012, 23:16
Aaah yes... heat gun makes wrapping much easier...

Here's a set I did for D2K...
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Snapbucket/BE7DD712-orig.jpg

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Snapbucket/B58050C8-orig.jpg

Good looking job! Wish I'd known how maleable and stretchable the quality stuff is and used heat gun before - would have saved lot of time, swearing, wasted CF and money!!!!

M-R-P
Thursday 29th November 2012, 23:20
Good looking job! Wish I'd known how maleable and stretchable the quality stuff is and used heat gun before - would have saved lot of time, swearing, wasted CF and money!!!!

... And bubbles... I bet there were bubbles lol ;)

gmain1967
Thursday 29th November 2012, 23:33
... And bubbles... I bet there were bubbles lol ;)

No! Anything I have done has no visible bubbles. Like I say though, lot of wasted CF before I either got it right, or gave up!!!

M-R-P
Thursday 29th November 2012, 23:42
Here's mine...

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Snapbucket/DSCF7443.jpg

I've changed the steering wheel and boost gauge Gear stick and handbrake gaitors since this pic.

smithy
Thursday 29th November 2012, 23:57
A hybrid 19T TD04......

Have you got a map on the car and were did you get it from and what phase is your car

gmain1967
Friday 30th November 2012, 09:30
Have you got a map on the car and were did you get it from and what phase is your car

Yes, it was done as a "one off" by a rally prep company who swear they will not do another!!! It was all done real time (on a disused airfield), not on a dyno so no power figures (which I ain't concerned about). AFR was fitted and all sweet. Only problem was popping intercooler hoses which was resolved with use of Mikalor clamps. And it's a 1999 P1.5

gmain1967
Friday 30th November 2012, 16:34
As above

Prepped passenger front which had been repaired at some point and was showing rust bubbles in paint (reason for doing it), then did all 4 doors. Quality material and a heat gun and no bubbles. Only blemish is that there must have been a bit dirt got onto one. Barely visible, but I know it's there!!!!

smithy
Friday 30th November 2012, 20:45
Yes, it was done as a "one off" by a rally prep company who swear they will not do another!!! It was all done real time (on a disused airfield), not on a dyno so no power figures (which I ain't concerned about). AFR was fitted and all sweet. Only problem was popping intercooler hoses which was resolved with use of Mikalor clamps. And it's a 1999 P1.5

The is a reason why I was asking is because I've just fitted an 18t with 3in angled exhaust housing onto my mates phase 2 s40 using a chopped t5 manifold and that is running 1.25 bar on stick Ecu with Vxr injectors.just asking about a map for it but don't get me wrong the car flys compared to the 14/16t hydrid it had before .

gmain1967
Friday 30th November 2012, 21:00
The is a reason why I was asking is because I've just fitted an 18t with 3in angled exhaust housing onto my mates phase 2 s40 using a chopped t5 manifold and that is running 1.25 bar on stick Ecu with Vxr injectors.just asking about a map for it but don't get me wrong the car flys compared to the 14/16t hydrid it had before .

It does fly - once on the move..... With the 19T being twin scroll as well, little difference in terms of lag/pickup. Embarasses as lot of newer technology motors that give you a WTF look!!

smithy
Friday 30th November 2012, 21:07
It does fly - once on the move..... With the 19T being twin scroll as well, little difference in terms of lag/pickup. Embarasses as lot of newer technology motors that give you a WTF look!!

His t4 has no lag it just flys and it surprised me how it went.

lurchio2
Sunday 9th December 2012, 18:47
Hi, are you running stock internals, cheers.