PDA

View Full Version : performance upgrades

Blair1949
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 20:43
hi guys , could you be so kind as to point me in the right direction looking for thhe best places to buy performance and cosmetic mods formy new 1998 v70 r 2wd auto first up would like induction or panel filter , dump valve , exhaust (but not to to loud ) a nice front grill and either new wheels or i might get mine powdercoated just realy looking for some info on what not to do and best places to buy stuff cheers Blair

ps had evos , imprezas for last 6-7yrs , had my v70r for about a week and am already smitten finished with jap stuff now this is for me !!

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 22:56
remap - 150 quid from HLM in Bromsgrove is good value, and you can get a before & after dyno run.

They can also supply panel replacement filters. You already have a recirc dump valve so to change to a BOV (atmospheric) you'd need a blanking plate.

HLM could supply an exhaust too - but there are many other suppliers..

I've always like the 2002 egg crate grill, it's an OEM part that sometimes appears on the forum - but there are many A/M variations on ebay.

Check out my garage for variations of my own 99 C70 through its various cosmetic changes.

Rudeyboy18
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 23:48
http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii633/rudeyboy18/Wiltshire-20121008-00262_zpse2179bda.jpg

This grill was £55 from ebay , shipped from the USA. Also these are the projector headlights and indicators you find online too. They really transfrom the car. This is a 1998 V70 R . The grill and lights really make this classic and alot more modern looking. I have a Bailey DV26I dump valve on mind. I bought a samco turbo and coolant hose kit and a special top cooler hose with a dump valve spout on it . Looks alot better than a t-piece . Also a blanking plate. There is a member on here who makes them.... I will forward you his name if you want. Think i paid £15 all in for it. They about £30 from forge. Buts its just a metal plate, so i'd go with the cheaper one. Also i would really recommend a Strut brace.... MAKES A HUGE difference. I got a used one for £30.

Rudeyboy18
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 23:50
This is the egg crate grill Wobbly Dave is on about............ I decided to go with the stealthier all black grill in the end.

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii633/rudeyboy18/97b154d7.jpg

glock19
Wednesday 28th November 2012, 00:10
ps had evos , imprezas for last 6-7yrs , had my v70r for about a week and am already smitten finished with jap stuff now this is for me !!

What's the feel between the JDM and the Swedes ? I was thinking of getting a E-VII for a weekend car and I've also seen high HP Evo owners giving their car up for a mundane V50-T5. Is it due to the high reving character of the JDM that puts you off ?

Blair1949
Wednesday 28th November 2012, 06:11
Thanks for the help guys ! I like the look of all this stuff lol , as for the jap stuff I would recommend a nice impreza to anyone by far the best handling cars I've ever driven had 3 ( uk 2000 , rb5 , ver 3 sti wagon) but I hate evos now with a passion had 2 evo 4s both garbage very twitchy rear ends and very exp to service and repair , Subaru YES evo NO for me with the evos it felt like every time you gave it some you were just askin for a nice big bill for your trouble cheers Blair

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 28th November 2012, 10:01
Sorry but scoobies are ugly IMHO and the interiors are yucky & I wouldn't care if you could do MACH1 in one - still don't want one. Good luck with your project.

merc85
Wednesday 28th November 2012, 19:22
Sorry but scoobies are ugly IMHO and the interiors are yucky & I wouldn't care if you could do MACH1 in one - still don't want one. Good luck with your project.

I must agree but i did have a quick go in a WR1 and that was awesome lol

glock19
Thursday 29th November 2012, 00:20

Not too shaby19472

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 29th November 2012, 00:45
Nah - that's just vinyl matt wrapped fugly.

p fandango
Thursday 29th November 2012, 05:45
its a good job our Volvo's are such beautiful, stylish machines as they are lmao

M-R-P
Thursday 29th November 2012, 09:19
Not too shaby19472

Think of the repair bill if you collected a badger at 50mph in that thing lol.

glock19
Friday 30th November 2012, 00:44
Another old JDM for the record
http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=131729