PDA

View Full Version : Indicators just stopped working........for a while?

foammanmark
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 18:21
Done over 400 miles today in the V70 R on my trip up Scotland, but driving into Dunfermline I suddenly had no indicators. Got to my customers, turned the engine off and on again, and they were working again.

The bodyshop said that they had problems with all of my lights last week, so what could this be please? The hazards still worked but that was it, but I do like to indicate when I turn unlike other drivers so I was pretty annoyed when they weren't working.

stribo
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 18:25
Either your stalk, or indicator relay mate, I'd change the relay first, as this is more common.

p fandango
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 18:42
have you parked by any BMW's recently, might of caught it off that lol

foammanmark
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 18:50
have you parked by any BMW's recently, might of caught it off that lol

Hitting the nail on the head there. It's the German cars that think indicating is beneath them, and maybe my car has caught the bug....

merc85
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 18:54
try moving the ignition switch back slightly buddy once started, i reckon that will sort it out. Comon on 850's

foammanmark
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 18:59
try moving the ignition switch back slightly buddy once started, i reckon that will sort it out. Comon on 850's

Thanks for the tip. I'd been driving for 20-30 miles since last starting the engine before it happened. I'll try the above if/when it happens again.

Lsvolvo1
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 19:26
sometimes its ignition switch, give the key a giggle when on, try turning it back a bit

foammanmark
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 20:22
Either your stalk, or indicator relay mate, I'd change the relay first, as this is more common.

Just reading elsewhere about the indicator relay, and it looks as though it's an integral part of the hazard warning light switch. Can anyone confirm that please?

foammanmark
Thursday 29th November 2012, 17:19
The indicators were fine all day yesterday, but today stopped working again. I turned the key slightly towards me and they started to work again. Therefore, the problem is definitely ignition barrel related. Now I know this, I'm prepared for the next time it happens.

merc85
Thursday 29th November 2012, 17:22
The indicators were fine all day yesterday, but today stopped working again. I turned the key slightly towards me and they started to work again. Therefore, the problem is definitely ignition barrel related. Now I know this, I'm prepared for the next time it happens.

Yippe!! as i thought, glad you know what to do now bud ;)

foammanmark
Thursday 29th November 2012, 17:27
Yippe!! as i thought, glad you know what to do now bud ;)

Thanks Merc, you were absolutely spot on.........again!!