PDA

View Full Version : Notts Members Mini Meet

t5owner
Tuesday 4th October 2005, 10:10
Ok so with the addition of a few new notts based members into the fold i suggest a mini meet probs on either a saturday or sunday in october venue as yet undecided as need to know who`s gonna attend first

If any of you notts derby owners or anyone who fancies a meet are up for this then stick your name down on this thread or pm me with your mobile number and i`ll get the ball rolloing

Cheers

stuart

List begineth with me

1)T5owner
2)TDS3
3)MrsMopp
4)Lance
5)Colnotts
6)SteveT5 + 1
7)Huskman (possibly)
8)V8Guitar
9)T5Rdragon +1 (Possibly)

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 4th October 2005, 14:51
Dependent on dates i'm up for it Oct 9th n 23rd are kool so far.

Vikingxl
Tuesday 4th October 2005, 16:31
I can do 8th 9th or 30th as i am on holiday the rest of the month.

Vikingxl
Tuesday 4th October 2005, 16:32
You've already got my number t5owner so
Fancy another day out C70T5?

steveT5
Tuesday 4th October 2005, 17:13
Daytime or Evening people ?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 4th October 2005, 17:49
Daytime or Evening people ?Gotta be daytime for me really!

lance
Tuesday 4th October 2005, 20:17
Im up for it, cant do this weekend though but definitly next onwards!

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 4th October 2005, 21:19
It'd be rude not to attend ;) - I'll be there

x

nikgallagher
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 08:38
You should find out which Sunday the max-power brigade drag from the BBC roundabout to Via Fossa in central Nottingham, and cane them all in your Volvo's! Some very amusing mods to be laughed at too. Well recommended.

colnotts
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 10:57
ill be up for it . just say when and where.
sure i will pick up some more tips and mods from you lot..

t5owner
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 13:14
Ok peeps i can`t do the 9 th either as i`m rostered to work effin goose fair
23 rd looks to be a good date are we all agreed if so repost to confirm and i`ll fire up a list would more than likely be daytime probs pub lunch type meet

Cheers

stuart

PS yep i got your moby rich and yours lance ta

Provisional List below

1)T5owner
2)TDS3
3)MrsMopp
4)Lance
5)Colnotts
6)SteveT5
7)Huskman (possibly)
8)V8Guitar

Anymore for anymore

As stated date to be confirmed then i`ll sort out a venue

Ohhhhhhh Yes

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 14:11
23rd Ok by me.

nikgallagher
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 16:23
Sorry chaps, I no longer live in Nottingham so probably won't be attending. :frown:

In fact, I think I'm at a wedding in Liverpool that weekend anyway! :slap:

Enjoy the meet anyway!!

t5owner
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 16:34
No probs removed from list

Vikingxl
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 18:03
Cant do 23rd either mate i am away on holiday sorry!

Vikingxl
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 18:04
Will try and make the next one though

t5owner
Thursday 6th October 2005, 09:41

:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :troutslap removed from list no probs viking see you at the next one

Cheers

stuart

HuskMan
Friday 7th October 2005, 10:05
I'll try my best to get there. I will get back to Birmingham airport that morning from Frankfurt Book Fair (oh the joys of my job!) so I may have difficulty getting a day release pass from the missus - unless I drag my three year old with me.

If I have a pint or two he can drive me home...

t5owner
Friday 7th October 2005, 13:57
Excellent if you can make it the more the merrier

No probs if you want to bring the nipper as if we go for a pub lunch it`ll be at a family friendly place

I`ll put u on the list as a possible

Thanks

stuart

V8guitar
Monday 10th October 2005, 14:21
OK, I did promise that I would check the meetings board and yet again I have failed. Luckily someone mentioned it in another post.....

Count me in, I can make 23rd.....

t5owner
Monday 10th October 2005, 14:40
OK, I did promise that I would check the meetings board and yet again I have failed. Luckily someone mentioned it in another post.....

Count me in, I can make 23rd.....

Ok matey i`ll add you to the list

Below is the list of people who have said yes and are comin

1)T5owner
2)TDS3
3)MrsMopp
4)Lance
5)Colnotts
6)SteveT5
7)Huskman (possibly)
8)V8Guitar

Any one else attending this meet as i`m gonna look for a venue this week probs a nice pub for a spot of lunch any one with any ideas got a few myself but would welcome others

Cheers

stuart

lance
Monday 10th October 2005, 15:00
I just thought the starting gate could be a good meet up place, wobbly and myself have used it as it has a nice bit of single carriageway test track, nearby.

t5owner
Monday 10th October 2005, 16:50
I just thought the starting gate could be a good meet up place, wobbly and myself have used it as it has a nice bit of single carriageway test track, nearby.

Sounds good lance

We could always pop across the road to the carvery if anyone fancies a real big sunday lunch

Other than that i was thinking perhaps Millers Barn on the phoenix park nice grub and a fair sized carpark and fairly central for all of us as its just off jnc 26 of the M1 or possibly the Priory on the A52 near wollaton massive carpark and excellent grub

Thoughts anyone

Cheers

stuart

Vikingxl
Monday 10th October 2005, 16:52
BAS*****S!I shall be in wales with the inlaws thinking of you all enjoying yourselves.

t5owner
Monday 10th October 2005, 16:58
BAS*****S!I shall be in wales with the inlaws thinking of you all enjoying yourselves.

Now now rich theres no need to get upset

Vikingxl
Monday 10th October 2005, 17:04
Me upset never dont know what you are talking about been looking forward to a holiday with the inlaws for months cant see you having a better time than that can you?

t5owner
Monday 10th October 2005, 17:06
Me upset never dont know what you are talking about been looking forward to a holiday with the inlaws for months cant see you having a better time than that can you?

:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

Yeah sorry rich i knew you`d enjoy it :nutkick:

lance
Monday 10th October 2005, 17:46
Sounds good lance

We could always pop across the road to the carvery if anyone fancies a real big sunday lunch

Other than that i was thinking perhaps Millers Barn on the phoenix park nice grub and a fair sized carpark and fairly central for all of us as its just off jnc 26 of the M1 or possibly the Priory on the A52 near wollaton massive carpark and excellent grub

Thoughts anyone

Cheers

stuart

Im easy pleased so anywhere with enough room and a cough test track road nearby will be cool , Real ale and quality cheap food come secondary in that order. Probably best near one of the motorway junctions so my first idea was pants!
Proiry sounds a good location.

t5owner
Sunday 16th October 2005, 21:09
Ok guys and gals i`ve spoken to both pubs millers barn and the priory no need to book in advance for lunch just turn up on the day

So which one are we goin too and what time do people have in mind

I think about 11:30 ish would be ideal so we could gawp :saythat: at each others cars first and then into the pub for a pint and some lunch

So just the venue to decide on Millers Barn is probs the easiest as its just off JNC 26 of the M1 and local to most of us from the notts fraternity

Although the priory isn`t to hard to get to from JNC 25 of the M1 and it does have a massive carpark and plenty of nice roads with no cameras in the locality

Thoughts on the above pls

Cheers

stuart

Vikingxl
Sunday 16th October 2005, 23:47
Have a nice day!

Wobbly Dave
Monday 17th October 2005, 01:46
I might be tempted to put in a appearance. ;)

Mrsmopp
Monday 17th October 2005, 11:57
Somewhere near a junction would be good so I have less chance of getting lost!! LOL (when is it again?)

x

t5owner
Monday 17th October 2005, 14:58
Have a nice day!

You too matey :rotfl: :rotfl: :biggrin: :hilarious

t5owner
Monday 17th October 2005, 15:17
Right then so that moppy can`t get lost shall we say The Priory at about 11:30 ish on Sunday 23 rd of October 2005

Easy to get to as below

Notts members:
Take the A52 from QMC r/bout towards derby pub is sited on the right as you approach the priory r/bout

Members coming from M1:
Leave M1 at JNC 25 and take exit for A52 Nottingham follow the A52 which is dual carridgeway for about 4 miles until you come to a large r/bout with a shell petrol station on the right hand side over r/bout towards nottingham and the pub is on the left first exit after the r/bout

Derby members:
A52 towards nottingham over the M1 JNC 25 flyover and then as above

I think that covers everybody who`s attending from various directions

See you all there

Mobile if anyone wants it:07944 750545

Cheers

stuart

t5owner
Monday 17th October 2005, 15:20
I might be tempted to put in a appearance. ;)

Be nice to see you again wobbly

Cheers

Wobbly Dave
Monday 17th October 2005, 15:34
Do you have the proper address for the Priory? (for use with the Tom Tom)

lance
Monday 17th October 2005, 19:05
I havent Dave will see if I can get one.

steveT5
Monday 17th October 2005, 19:55
Count me and mrs as a definite.
Mrs Steve had Sunday lunch there a couple of months ago, Cavery style, £7.99. Very nice apparentley.
And she ain't the easiest of people to please !!

T5Rdragon
Monday 17th October 2005, 23:43
Hi Guys!

Need to see what I'm up to with the missus, but would there be any objections to this T5 n00b coming up and meeting some you you? If no obj, then put me (plus missus) down as a poss.

Cheers :)

Gaz

Wobbly Dave
Monday 17th October 2005, 23:49
Change of plans - sadly I am unable to attend. Going sailing with a friend.

t5owner
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 10:25
Change of plans - sadly I am unable to attend. Going sailing with a friend.

Enjoy dave

Cheers

t5owner
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 10:26
Hi Guys!

Need to see what I'm up to with the missus, but would there be any objections to this T5 n00b coming up and meeting some you you? If no obj, then put me (plus missus) down as a poss.

Cheers :)

Gaz

No probs matey i`ll add you to the list as a possible

Thanks

stuart

t5owner
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 10:27
Count me and mrs as a definite.
Mrs Steve had Sunday lunch there a couple of months ago, Cavery style, £7.99. Very nice apparentley.
And she ain't the easiest of people to please !!

Ok steve and mrs added to list

Thanks

stuart

t5owner
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 10:33
Ok the list of whose coming has been pasted onto the first post in this thread look forward to seeing you new guys and gals and others i have met before

See you all on the 23rd

Thanks

stuart

steveT5
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 22:15
Does anyone have any portable kit for putting out the Lambada ? light ?
I overboosted a couple of weeks ago whilst fitting a new manual boost controller, and its been on ever since.
Wondered if anyone had any ideas or suggestions for this at the Notts meet.
Thanks,
Steve.

t5owner
Wednesday 19th October 2005, 10:03
Does anyone have any portable kit for putting out the Lambada ? light ?
Steve.

"Lambada Light" Does it dance as well steve , if "that software" does it i`ll bring along me laptop and "that software" and the OBDII interface and we`ll see what we can do

See you there

PS sorry for the mickey take couldn`t resist :remybussi

Cheers

steveT5
Wednesday 19th October 2005, 17:18
"Lambada Light" Does it dance as well steve , if "that software" does it i`ll bring along me laptop and "that software" and the OBDII interface and we`ll see what we can do

See you there

PS sorry for the mickey take couldn`t resist :remybussi

Cheers
Lol,
no it doesn't dance, it's got two left feet like me !!
Thanks Mate.
Steve

T5Rdragon
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 10:17
See you sometime later :)

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 10:56
Seeing as its soaking wet here and not much fun to go for a blast i aint coming, sorry Stuart and gang i'm sure you'll have a ball.

t5owner
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 15:18
Thanks to all that attended the mini meet V8guitar (guy and family) Steve T5 and family T5Rdragon and wife , Lance twice cheers mate and me of course missing were moppy , colnotts and tds3 the rain aint no excuse man as T5Rdragon made it and he aint far from you (but hey ho see you at the next one)

My appols to dragon for not naming the pub correctly although you found us in the end when we spotted you and waved

Good meet nice to put more faces to names decent grub and a pint

Many thanks to Steve as i now know where that vacuam pipe goes so i`ll be sorting it on monday thanks matey

Only thing is forgot to get any pics as the carpark was stacked and there was no room to park together when we came out to go

Once again many thanks to those who made the effort to attend no doubt we`ll meet again soon

Thanks

stuart :B_steerin

Mrsmopp
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 15:21
My sincere apologies I had completely forgotten it was this weekend - I'm in Nottingham tonight dropping off the 850 @ DPA's! :troutslap

Sorry guys - if anyone wants to meet me later tho for a drink?

x

t5owner
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 15:25
My sincere apologies I had completely forgotten it was this weekend - I'm in Nottingham tonight dropping off the 850 @ DPA's! :troutslap

Sorry guys - if anyone wants to meet me later tho for a drink?

x

:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

Never mind moppy see you at the next one

Cheers

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 16:53
Yer i know no excusem but i had planned to combine the day with a triangular drive around lol, at speed, me & rain dont get on.

T5Rdragon
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 16:56
Yer i know no excusem but i had planned to combine the day with a triangular drive around lol, at speed, me & rain dont get on.
Shame dude, since it turned out to be a bright, dry sunny dat down there, and all the way back up here...

T5Rdragon
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 16:57
Thanks to all that attended the mini meet V8guitar (guy and family) Steve T5 and family T5Rdragon and wife , Lance twice cheers mate and me of course missing were moppy , colnotts and tds3 the rain aint no excuse man as T5Rdragon made it and he aint far from you (but hey ho see you at the next one)

My appols to dragon for not naming the pub correctly although you found us in the end when we spotted you and waved

Good meet nice to put more faces to names decent grub and a pint

Many thanks to Steve as i now know where that vacuam pipe goes so i`ll be sorting it on monday thanks matey

Only thing is forgot to get any pics as the carpark was stacked and there was no room to park together when we came out to go

Once again many thanks to those who made the effort to attend no doubt we`ll meet again soon

Thanks

stuart :B_steerin
Yep, thanks to all for making the missus and I so welcome - was great to meet some T5 peeps and have a natter - although it did make me decide on a certain purchase... ;)

Looking forward to the next one :)

Gaz

steveT5
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 17:10
Thanks to all at the Notts meet today.
Myself and Donna had a very pleasant afternoon.
Good to meet Stuart, Gaz and wife !
You will be pleased to know Gaz, that the Rover grille has now gone and the standard grille is back in its place.
I also have a new purchase planned !!
It's about time my mate Guy got a brace bar though !

T5Rdragon
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 17:27
You will be pleased to know Gaz, that the Rover grille has now gone and the standard grille is back in its place.

:doh:

Sorry mate - being a Yorkshireman I tend to say what I think and then think about what I say after ;) No offence. But you had your doubts already :)

I also have a new purchase planned !!

:gossip:

I wonder... ;)

Yeah, fancy thinking... well, yes. I won't say it all again ;)

To be fair, I probably wouldn't have known either...

steveT5
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 17:32

Sorry mate - being a Yorkshireman I tend to say what I think and then think about what I say after ;) No offence. But you had your doubts already :)

I wonder... ;)

No worries mate, Donna hated it from the moment it went on, i wasn't sure.
I guess i just didn't want to admit i had wasted 60 odd quid lol

Andrew
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 18:30
Did you folks have a good day ? anyone get any snaps ?

T5Rdragon
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 19:20
I took a camera, but never used it - didn't want to appear "nerdy" on my first meet ;)

WOuld have loved to get a short vid of Stuart's strobes :D

lance
Monday 24th October 2005, 10:29
Im going to see the leauge of gentleman tonight.
Pm me when you come and pick the cars up and I will meet you then.

Mrsmopp
Monday 24th October 2005, 12:30
Im going to see the leauge of gentleman tonight.
Pm me when you come and pick the cars up and I will meet you then.

Sorry Lance I missed this post before we left last night. We are picking the car up on thursday evening if you are about?

x

lance
Monday 24th October 2005, 13:03
If its early I will be as I am dashing of to retford around 6,30 pm,

t5owner
Tuesday 25th October 2005, 07:10
I took a camera, but never used it - didn't want to appear "nerdy" on my first meet ;)

WOuld have loved to get a short vid of Stuart's strobes :D

Yes sounds like a good idea know where did i put that video camera

I`ll get some footage done with all four on the go (time for some tinkering me thinks)

Cheers

Stuart

PS steve if you still need that lambda light sorting pm me your addy and well arrange something

t5owner
Tuesday 25th October 2005, 07:12
Thanks to all at the Notts meet today.
Myself and Donna had a very pleasant afternoon.
Good to meet Stuart, Gaz and wife !

Mmmmmmm whats that then (Could it be that long black bar that holds the top engine mount)

PS sorry guy couldn`t resist

t5owner
Tuesday 25th October 2005, 07:14

No probs tds3 no doubt we`ll catch up soon

Cheers

stuart

V8guitar
Tuesday 25th October 2005, 13:19

I wonder... ;)

Err, its actually what I was told rather than knew! So I blame someone else.....as per usual

Still its a mod I could now do!!

Stu - Those strobes are FAB!!! I really didn't expect them to be that good!!

Oh, and Steve, I liked your grille!!

t5owner
Tuesday 25th October 2005, 13:57
Err, its actually what I was told rather than knew! So I blame someone else.....as per usual

Still its a mod I could now do!!

Stu - Those strobes are FAB!!! I really didn't expect them to be that good!!

Oh, and Steve, I liked your grille!!

The thought just struck me that it could be a multi purpose bar i:e it`s a strut brace of sorts as its deffo attached to the susp turrets on the side as opp to the top so that would give the ridgidity between the two and at the same time also serves as the top engine mount hanger as volvo seem to have done away with the bulkhead/firewall mounting bracket on P2`s :icon_soap

So i could be wrong and may have to eat humble pie on this one

Cheers

stuart

V8guitar
Thursday 27th October 2005, 21:53
The thought just struck me that it could be a multi purpose bar i:e it`s a strut brace of sorts as its deffo attached to the susp turrets on the side as opp to the top so that would give the ridgidity between the two and at the same time also serves as the top engine mount hanger as volvo seem to have done away with the bulkhead/firewall mounting bracket on P2`s :icon_soap

So i could be wrong and may have to eat humble pie on this one

Cheers

stuart

Lets face it, I haven't a clue what it is!!

Vikingxl
Friday 28th October 2005, 17:11
Whens the next one???????????

Mrsmopp
Friday 28th October 2005, 20:36
Lance and I are meeting Friday night (4th) if anyone else wants to join us? (Phieffer is off to DPA for a cam belt etc)

x