PDA

View Full Version : The inevitable T6 thread!

Doingitsideways
Monday 26th November 2012, 22:55
Well, I suppose it's about time I asked the question...

Has anyone on here had an S80 T6 re-mapped??

Just toying around with the idea at the moment and was wandering what sort of gains I could expect?

Also, the big question I suppose, can the chocolate geartronic 'box take it?! :s

Thanks,

Steve

deathrider311271
Monday 26th November 2012, 23:07
i had a bit of work done on a XC90 T6 including a map, got it upto approx 400bhp but it was bloody expensive to get it there, turbos changed, downpipe, exhaust, intercooler, injectors and a custom map, fuel was really bad, but it was fun blowing away suposed quick cars.

Talk to AET motorsport they will be able to offer something.

M-R-P
Monday 26th November 2012, 23:14
It's a lovely big block with loads of potential. Just depending on the depth of your pocket I suppose.
The two turbos are small and generate about 6psi iirc so changing them would be a must for big gains.
If it's the older 260bhp version, I'd expect to see at least 290-300 from a good map alone.

Doingitsideways
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 00:40
Thanks guys.

Wow, I knew the standard turbos were tiddlers, but only 6psi?!

TBH, I don't really want to throw loads of money at it, out and out power would be pointless after all as it's wrong-wheel-drive! :(

Kinda toying with an S60r, but my dad would have to drive it, so would have to be an auto... Wrong in an 'r' as far as i'm concerned!!

Steve

M-R-P
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 07:22
The r auto would drive the same as the S60 auto only much faster ;).

Then there's the running costs... :eek:

Lsvolvo1
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 07:56
Its the electronical gremlins with the s60r, i brought a BSR reader, just made things much easier. Mind any later post 2001 volvo can be a pain with gremlins

M-R-P
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 08:20
Says the guy with a T6 lol - they had some carzy electrical gremlins ;)

Changing the brakes, angle gear and shocks on an R can cost more than the price of a low mileage T5.

silverhorse
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 09:02
Says the guy with a T6 lol - they had some carzy electrical gremlins ;)

LOL- is that crazy electrics or karzy. I sometimes feel my money is going down the toilet. £80 xenon light bulb?!?!:eye-poppi

M-R-P
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 09:10
LOL- is that crazy electrics or karzy. I sometimes feel my money is going down the toilet. £80 xenon light bulb?!?!:eye-poppi

Lol, yeah, I'm no longer pursuing the 2005 light clusters for my car lmao.

There's good and bad examples of any car, it's a shame people only hear the horror stories.

The last time I heard "had a long drive today, car was perfect all the way," I was saying it ;)

p fandango
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 09:12
There's good and bad examples of any car, it's a shame people only hear the horror stories.

The last time I heard "had a long drive today, car was perfect all the way," I was saying it ;)
you know the abuse & neglect mine take, & fingers crossed never been let down :) (in a major way lol)

Doingitsideways
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 10:22
Go on then, you've aroused my interest, throw some realistic prices at me...

What turbos did you go for? (don't even know what the standard ones are!) although I wouldn't want loads of lag, my d24'd 960 has enough of that, and one of the things I like about the standard t6 is that there is none!!

Would've thought i'd be looking at a good £3-400 each, right??

Suppose I could go for an ebay special intercooler.

And a remap... £400? Then there's the joy of rolling roading an auto!!

Steve

Doingitsideways
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 10:27
Oh, forgot to say, it's a '52 b6294t, so presuming 272bhp standard.

I'd be more than made up with 350, any more through the front wheels pulling 140 tonnes of Swedish armchair would be stupid!!

Steve

M-R-P
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 10:29
I think you have 13g turbos but not 100% on that.
Even going up to 16t would work well, there's 2 of them after all.

Doingitsideways
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 13:26
I think you have 13g turbos but not 100% on that.
Even going up to 16t would work well, there's 2 of them after all.

Mitsis??

Steve

M-R-P
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 13:31
Think so.
Hopefully, somebody with more knowledge than me will appear at some point lol. (there's a lot of them ;))

Doingitsideways
Saturday 1st December 2012, 19:30
Hmmm...

Just been doing a bit of mooching about, a RICA remap looks promising (I know they lie through their teeth though!!)

Maybe coupled with a decent exhaust, better air intake and a bigger intercooler to try and get rid of some of the heat from the tiny turbos, I could see some decent gains ;)

Steve