PDA

View Full Version : 855 t5 Build finished :)

merc85
Monday 26th November 2012, 21:09
Well after earning myself in the good books of the wife , and her 7 seater dying, I was told i can continue with the Build, Yippe

Here are some pic's after various niggly leaks sorted.

Started putting the engine in at 11.00am and was all bolted up by 3.00pm didnt think it was bad as was doing it all on me todd, working on the ground with 2 and half trolly jack lol and 2 axle stands.

Then fired her up, started with no warning lights, took her up the drive and back to find oil everywhere, hadnt pushed the front cam seals back enough! also has a oil leak from a pinched pcv hose all now sorted and seems good.

Goes for her Mot Friday So finger's crossed! Gave her 2 oil changes and will be runing her for another 500 easy miles then checking eveything is still tight.

The Gearbox is very smooth and quiet, can also confirm the obd2 box mod works in the a obd1 car by wiring to the abs pick up to obtain the speedo. (word of caution) it does make a difference if you get the wires to clutster mixed up, that equals abs light on, and NO speedo lol.

Also Had a water leak from the plastic housing just behing the fire wall, Thanks to advise from claymore i took this out as the housing was cracked! Join straight on the metal pipes to matrix with heater hose. And hey presto all sorted. :)

Performance wise, had the forge mbc wound right down, but still the Spool up was extremly rapid ! now wishing id have had the extra doller to forge the engine!

Kingsford G
Monday 26th November 2012, 21:36
Well done mate,that is one great job on yr own.It looks mint under bonnet now :B_thumb: hope to c her on xmass meet.

T5frankie
Monday 26th November 2012, 21:46
whats your set up now gav?

merc85
Monday 26th November 2012, 21:55
whats your set up now gav?

Engine 125k
Skimmed Head
3.8 Bar fuel Reg
Blues
Ported and Polished Manifold
Ported and Polished Cylinder Head
Me7 mani
Stainless 3" Exhaust One silencer only
3" angled Dp
De-cat
18t
RIP
Walbro fuel pump
Simota Carbon intake
Forge Blanking Plate
Forge Unos
R clutch
New Gearbox lol
Polly bushed throughout

Still in need of a new Intercooler, But short on doller lol

Kingsford G
Monday 26th November 2012, 22:46
R u after an uprated one or stnard intercooler?

theflyingbrick
Monday 26th November 2012, 23:25
good job gav kudos to you mate :D

V70 Graham
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 00:20
Great job Gav, you must be pleased, looking forward to seeing the car soon.

M-R-P
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 00:29
Very nice Gav, we'll have to organise a club tunnel-run sometime ;)

merc85
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 09:17
Very nice Gav, we'll have to organise a club tunnel-run sometime ;)

Lol can see the flames now pmsl

M-R-P
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 09:22
Lol can see the flames now pmsl

Looked good last time, although I'd have had a closer look if it weren't for the negative camber and a bump, coming off that roundabout grrr - next time I might stay a behind you a bit longer lol

merc85
Friday 30th November 2012, 20:44
1st Drive to the Mot station 40 mile round trip,

Well the car past its mot couple of advisories, But a pass.

After getting the car dropped off me and a friend went over it to find a few minor weeps of oil from a couple of area's

Will take the car out for a better drive tomorrow, and see what the score is, I am bedding her in so running no more than 15psi even at that boost she's extremely responsive and is popping well through the exhaust. :)

oblark
Friday 30th November 2012, 20:48
1st Drive to the Mot station 40 mile round trip,

Well the car past its mot couple of advisories, But a pass.

After getting the car dropped off me and a friend went over it to find a few minor weeps of oil from a couple of area's

Will take the car out for a better drive tomorrow, and see what the score is, I am bedding her in so running no more than 15psi even at that boost she's extremely responsive and is popping well through the exhaust. :)

Glad she passed her MOT :)

Can you remember what your CO reading was ?

V70 Graham
Friday 30th November 2012, 20:50
Glad she's all MOT'd Gav, hope the oil leaks are easy to spot, gonna bring her to Chingford tomorrow ?

merc85
Friday 30th November 2012, 21:02
Chingford hummm lol abit of a long way if summit blows or goe's lol. Will see how my Boy is as his not been well today. What time and where? or link to the thread i think ive seen it somewhere. ;)

merc85
Friday 30th November 2012, 21:02
Glad she passed her MOT :)

Can you remember what your CO reading was ?

Hummm thats slipped my mind ;)

martybelfastt5
Saturday 1st December 2012, 00:29
looking very smart merc,must be very happy seeing it done mate ...so will this obd trick help with me fitting the m59 in the t5r?

merc85
Saturday 1st December 2012, 00:36
if there was a m56h fitted to a ph1 v70, then id say yes :) the abs reads off the cv joint, i cut the cv joint sensor wires, and joined them to the Gearbox speedo plug, then to the rest/remainding upper cv joint wires.

I want to know and i think i may try obd2 clocks in my obd1 car, as before everything worked apart from the speedo.

martybelfastt5
Saturday 1st December 2012, 13:20
slow down gav lol let me ctach up....... so my t5r has cable drive speedo the m59 dosent so my dilemma is ive to take the front case of the m56 and transfer it too the m59 which means both boxes out and sent to a transmission speacilist to have this done which is a complete pain as i dont tackle mechanicals that big or can i fit the 160 obd2 clocks and run the speedo from my abs?