PDA

View Full Version : Fuel cap lock

dionbullock
Monday 26th November 2012, 11:45
Hey guys and gals!! Had a quick look on the search button but couldn't really answer my question....

The fuel cap lock is busted. I've taken the part off, had a play and noticed when i push it to the "lock" position then press the unlock button, it opens, but when i press lock, nout happens. I've heard that there's a delay on some cars, so i left it locked for a good 20 mins for the deadlocks etc to close, but the lock was still in the "open" position.

my thoughts are i need a new part as it looks all sealed up and not being able to dive into it to try and fix it... Any idea of costs etc?? Seen 2 on ebay ranging from £25 to £65 for used ones... would prefer new, but if they cost a buck load ill shop around.

M-R-P
Monday 26th November 2012, 12:52
If it's a P2 then yes, it should lock 5-10 minutes after the deadlocks fire.

I'll check the scrappys in the next few days, see if I can find one.

dionbullock
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 13:37
havent had time to hunt for one tbh, always weary of 2nd hand electrical parts incase i buy it and it doesnt work.... then its a hassle with taking it back etc...

M-R-P
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 13:50
Understandable.
If I find one, it'll only cost you postage as I get some bits for free, where I'm there a lot. :)
These things don't often fail to be honest. Have you tried blasting the solenoid with WD40 and tapping it "briskly" with the back-end of a screwdriver?