PDA

View Full Version : Remove DPF and remap

Ians
Sunday 25th November 2012, 19:08
Can anybody that's had a remap on there v70 mk3 add to this thread and let me know there opinion on performance and economy and what it was like before remap and lastly was it worth it I am thinking of removing DPF and remap my car as done 126000miles and gives 38miles to the gallon. I am ideally looking for someone who as removed the dpf and remapped.
Thanks in advance

graemewelch
Monday 26th November 2012, 17:59
Watching with intrest as i plan to buy a 2008 v70 d5 in jan and make a dpf bypass and get a shark remap.

Is yours auto or manual. I cant decied which one to get

Blackdog
Monday 26th November 2012, 19:57
What year? What engine D2, D3, D4, D5, 2.0D, 2.4D?

Ians
Tuesday 27th November 2012, 21:19
MIne is the 163bhp 2.4D5 2008 manual most I can get is 39 driving is then boring and pointless I have tried a few forums but not really getting the answers I want. I went for the manual as my S60 was a manual and easily got 50 to the gallon. There are no known issues with my car and have taken it to readview volvo who say engine is fine and contacted HLM tuning who I spoke too. We may get a discount at HLM as he was going to use readview garage to do the remap to save me travelling 100miles to get to him. Is there anybody else interested in the HLM tune round the Burnley area and id he can do 5 or 6 could be a big saving for us all.

M-R-P
Wednesday 28th November 2012, 00:23
The thing to remember is the P3 V70 is a much heavier car than the P2. and has the aerodynamic properties of a council estate. The engine may well be more efficient and more powerful but the rest of the car will hold it back.
The mods you are thinking about will most likely help tho.

graemewelch
Thursday 29th November 2012, 08:26
Id say it more areo dynamic than the phase 2s. Ive got a s60 and its any thing but areo dynamic

M-R-P
Thursday 29th November 2012, 08:33
With that huge, flat surface area at the back of the P3 V70? I doubt it. It's bigger and flatter than a P2 back end.

Ians
Thursday 29th November 2012, 21:41
Sorry to have to say can we bring the thread back to the point in question lol who as removed a dpf and or remapped a p3 2008 thanks

Blackdog
Thursday 29th November 2012, 22:33
Only remapped a later D5.
Frankie can tell you how it drove.
Never removed a DPF.
Cannot comment on the 163.

Ians
Friday 30th November 2012, 13:57
Really appreciate that can you ask him to post on here as a lot of people are interested
Thx

Only remapped a later D5.
Frankie can tell you how it drove.
Never removed a DPF.
Cannot comment on the 163.

Blackdog
Saturday 1st December 2012, 17:32
There's a thread in car chat titled 60 plate d5.

Can't do the link as I'm using the mobile to post.

Ians
Friday 8th February 2013, 16:40
Just had a quote for dpf removal and remap cost about £750 I would like to know if I will get my money back in economy has nobody had this job done yet?

stephenevans99
Saturday 9th February 2013, 19:06
Handy savings calculator:

http://www.dpffix.co.uk/savings-calculator.html

I entered a guessed 10mpg improvement over your current 38mpg, with diesel at £1.40 (not considering VPower) and the cost of the work £750.....

it would take 49300 miles to get your money back !!

adrew
Monday 11th March 2013, 12:03
Hiya, I've had two remaps done on my V70 2.4d 58 plate, both rica, first one was the 'Eco' remap, raising the bhp from 163 to 233bhp. It's a manual and was getting around 39-41 to the gallon. The performance did improve but have to say even while driving like miss daisy the mpg plummeted to around 31-33 mpg :-(
Spoke to the garage who fitted the remap and they asked that I drop it back off for the morning and they would investigate. When I picked it up in the afternoon they told me that they had removed the remap and replaced with a 'stage two' remap which took the bhp to 240 bhp. They had test drove it and told me that they could notice a difference in performance and that it would only improve over time??? Don't quite know how that works but hey ho.
Wow what a difference! It's fantastic, 1st and 2nd are a bit too aggressive ;-) but 3rd all the way through to 6th it just pulls and pulls, amazing.
Now the fuel, driving like Miss Daisy it's now up to about 46mpg, normal day to day driving about 39-41 if you drive it how it wants to be driven it will drop to about 35 but I don't really mind because its worth it for the smile on my face!!!
Not had a chance to give it a good run on the motorway or dual carriageway yet so couldn't comment on those figures.
Hope this helps
Andy

Ians
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 19:30
Do you mind letting us know who did the work and how much

Mark2cars
Monday 29th September 2014, 17:27
I think you'll find that very soon any vehicle supplied with a DPF from new will have to have it on and functioning to pass MOT...I looked into it when my son knocked off the DPF on Peugeot 308 by driving over a high curb. I Drove around it when going to pick up my new (2008) V70 D5 and wow, car went really well but had to get new one on to pass MOT.