PDA

View Full Version : OK flying my newb flag here, Stage 0 & stage 1 tuning steps please....

Nifton
Friday 23rd November 2012, 12:10
So, please bear with me, this may be a rambling post....

Stage 0 then,

I have already had my lines checked, fluids flushed and filters changed, new plugs (bosch) and my turbo serviced, throttle & MAF cleaned. I have a K&N panel on order. RIP kit already installed, PCV replacement. I have silicone vac lines ready to fit (loads left from my last motor).

This is what I think is left to do: Dizzy replacement, perished cooler piping replacement, jube and clip seal replacement on all pressure joints, ageing rubber elbows upgraded to silicone & HT leads.

Can anyone think of anything I have missed? Recomendations of manufactorers and parts would be very much appreciated! Treat me as totally green please, I only have slightly educated guesses with this car!

Stage 1:

I have no idea! I want to take the car to 300 leaving a safe margin for any engine stress issues etc. So, i think that would be starting off with a chip, then exhaust system, then throttle assembly, boost controll and guage, wide 18s, hopefuly some pegasus replicas (whats the fattest i can take with no spacers?). Can you think of anything else?

OK, so stage 0 is something I want to get done in the next week or so, Stage 1 is a 12 month project, so a shopping list and an order of priority will be most helpful. I am not made of money by any means, my burser is insisting we move house in the spring next year so I need to be tactical with my investments ;)

Any ideas or comments are totally welcome, even if it's "you're doing it wrong" like I said, I'm a total newb with performance cars, I just about kept my 460 running without having to see a mechanic for anything other than block work, so I do have a basic 'haynes' level of mechanical knowledge.

Cheers chaps, looking forward to your comments

Nifton
Friday 23rd November 2012, 12:51
Just seen a handy check list in the 'how-to' section:

Bracers Stage 0 check list (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?217-Stage-0-Tune-Up)

So apologies for asking for already available info.....

T5frankie
Friday 23rd November 2012, 13:16
widest tyres really is 215 35's

kfc
Friday 23rd November 2012, 13:41
Your list of stage two mods sounds pretty good, but if i might make a slight suggestion, in that do the remap list thing, that way you have the map tweeked to the mods you have done.

M-R-P
Friday 23rd November 2012, 14:19
widest tyres really is 215 35's
Oblark has 225 x 40 on his new 18" pegs, they were the only thing that cleared his Brembo calipers without spacers. Not sure if they rub or not.

theflyingbrick
Friday 23rd November 2012, 15:17
i have 225 45 17 on mine but i do get a slight rub on full lock,and if im a bit frisky over the speed bumps it rubs a bit aswell...........although im sure once the plastic liners are off ill be free and clear :D

Nifton
Friday 23rd November 2012, 17:16
Thanks chaps. I think wheels will be the stinger out of the whole list. I'm thinking white 18 pegs ;) looking forward to skinning my knuckles this weekend. Picking him up 8am tomorrow :D

T5frankie
Friday 23rd November 2012, 17:49
Oblark has 225 x 40 on his new 18" pegs, they were the only thing that cleared his Brembo calipers without spacers. Not sure if they rub or not.

they will rub, should have 35's on especially with 225's, my 19's had 235's and 225's on, all destroyed my inner arches, can just get away with 215 35's