PDA

View Full Version : Engine and Box back in Water leak? Matrix?

merc85
Tuesday 20th November 2012, 17:18
As above, got the engine and box back in the 855, and i have a large water leak where the Heater matrix hose (engine side)goes into the fire Wall? how do or what seals these hoses, do i need a new hose or do you think it may have come adrift.??

Any help apreciated

M-R-P
Tuesday 20th November 2012, 17:29
I don't know about the P1 stuff but the matrix hoses between the bulkhead and the engine on a P2 can leak like hell if not fitted correctly.

T5frankie
Tuesday 20th November 2012, 17:34
put your finger in the hole and see if you can feel if it is broken inside if so you can buy the whole kit that you fit from under the dash for bout £40, if not i think you can buy just the seals and o rings as a kit too, whilst your there may as well change the matrix, its a fiddly pain in the §§§§

oblark
Tuesday 20th November 2012, 17:37
As above, got the engine and box back in the 855, and i have a large water leak where the Heater matrix hose (engine side)goes into the fire Wall? how do or what seals these hoses, do i need a new hose or do you think it may have come adrift.??

Any help apreciated

You need to push the hoses "right in" until the yellow plastic bits "click"

If you have done this and it`s still leaking then you will need some new o rings.

claymore
Tuesday 20th November 2012, 17:41
I got so §§§§ed off with mine, I just ripped it all off and joined the pipes with rubber, it's been fine for the last 2 years.

T5frankie
Tuesday 20th November 2012, 17:43
I got so §§§§ed off with mine, I just ripped it all off and joined the pipes with rubber, it's been fine for the last 2 years.

bit cold in winter then?

960kg
Tuesday 20th November 2012, 17:48

Any help apreciated

This should help you.....

claymore
Tuesday 20th November 2012, 18:13
bit cold in winter then?

No, Numpty, I joined the engine bay pipes to the matrix with rubber pipe.

Jamest5r
Tuesday 20th November 2012, 18:58
I had to replace the box on my Saffy, still got the scars on my fore arms lol, dont bother with the seal kit its a right pain in the ass either get a new box or join as Claymore said.

merc85
Wednesday 21st November 2012, 17:07
This should help you.....

Thanks Buddy,thats helped alot, i have ordered a seal kit from Volvo, if that doesnt cure it i will cut and join it like claymore, Damm Volvo's P*** me off atm.