PDA

View Full Version : i need a definative answer..........which ecu!!

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 20th November 2012, 00:28
i have a choice of two ecu's to purchase one is a rica 310 but for autos,and the other is a hlm 304 for a manual...

mine is an 850 t5 manual,so which one would work better?? is there any limitations on the auto ecu??

id like some solid advice please,ive read so many conflicting threads so thought id start a fresh one and see if any new experiences or info would change the answers im looking for....if that makes any sense lol

Rudeyboy18
Tuesday 20th November 2012, 00:48
From what ive read the set ups are pretty similar. With the rica being slighty more agressive. But not alot in them. Im running a HML304 on my V70 R awd. And im pleased with it. I got my hml304 for £150 from HML direct. I think the rica's are more than twice that. That alone would make my decision.... price AND its actually for your manual car.

t5steve
Tuesday 20th November 2012, 01:08
ii have an auto rica 304 in my car you can test drive it in your car if you like.............

Kingsford G
Tuesday 20th November 2012, 04:18
Merc85 has an auto one I think HLM304 the diff from what he was saying is no rev limits with auto one.I`ve had rica and hlm tbh can`t tell the diff,seem to b the same so get what is cheaper.

T5frankie
Tuesday 20th November 2012, 04:46
Why would you want an auto one when you can have a manual one? They are the same Maps the autos have less torque to protect the box. It is no secret that hlm maps are old rica maps. Get the manual one.

Kingsford G
Tuesday 20th November 2012, 10:07
Why would you want an auto one when you can have a manual one? They are the same Maps the autos have less torque to protect the box. It is no secret that hlm maps are old rica maps. Get the manual one.

With the torque reminds me the dyno day me and merc had where my torque was abot 12ftb more but 10bhp less at 15psi using bcs and mercs was running 17psi using mbc.I had HLM and Rica both on manual,it`s been mentioned before they r the same maps.

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 20th November 2012, 10:10
well the price for both is the same as they aint brand spanking and id already put dibs on the hlm after having one before...but i was told that the auto maps were the same as manual,i did question the limits on boost etc in the lower gears but was told they didnt,so was just after some clarity on this :)

looks like im going for the manual hlm :D