PDA

View Full Version : question related to reset service light etc

v70tom
Sunday 18th November 2012, 11:29
hi guys.
would this be the cable connection to the pc for reseting the anoying service light and other board computer related problem resolving ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-OBD2-VAG-COM-Cable-Car-Diagnostic-409-Interface-/130804943236?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item1e74950984

M-R-P
Sunday 18th November 2012, 11:55
The service light can be reset with a combination of key position and button presses mate.
if you have an Android phone, get a cheap Bluetooth obd adaptor for 10 quid and the torque app for 3 quid. Much more fun than a code reader :)

Harvey
Sunday 18th November 2012, 18:06
The service light can be reset with a combination of key position and button presses mate.
if you have an Android phone, get a cheap Bluetooth obd adaptor for 10 quid and the torque app for 3 quid. Much more fun than a code reader :)
Not as much fun as one that's will list 12 lines of data real time on your laptop.
Just found out my motor is running 1900 hPa boost pressure sounds a lot !,but that includes atmospheric pressure.

stribo
Sunday 18th November 2012, 18:34

Not on pre ME7 engines though.

M-R-P
Sunday 18th November 2012, 18:38
Not as much fun as one that's will list 12 lines of data real time on your laptop.
Just found out my motor is running 1900 hPa boost pressure sounds a lot !,but that includes atmospheric pressure.

the torque app will let you see every available bit of information in real time and log it against Google maps and overlay it on a video.

v70tom
Sunday 18th November 2012, 21:24

i know, but not on the 1998. need the boardcomputer for it to reset.
as it is said on here not on all engines available for smartphones.

found on another forum the info about this cabel and the free software download for notebook or laptop.
was going to do it with the notebook, once connected it can stay in the car for other interesting resets or playings.

just dont know if that is the right cable to connect.

M-R-P
Sunday 18th November 2012, 21:28
The cable will be fine, it's more a case of getting the install and com port selection right - something I had trouble doing, hence the torque app.