PDA

View Full Version : Heated Door Mirrors.

ploppy
Friday 16th November 2012, 16:44
My wing mirrors do not defrost,,,

Any ideas why they dont work,,,

I hit the rear demist button no joy?

Has my car even got heated door mirrors

P2 2005 V70 T5 S

Cheers

Ploppy

foammanmark
Friday 16th November 2012, 17:11
My wing mirrors do not defrost,,,

Any ideas why they dont work,,,

I hit the rear demist button no joy?

Has my car even got heated door mirrors

P2 2005 V70 T5 S

Cheers

Ploppy

Does the rear window de-mist, and do the electrically adjustable mirrors actually adjust?

M-R-P
Friday 16th November 2012, 18:07
The heating element in these is crap and prone to fail. My n/s one hasn't worked since last year. Genuine Volvo replacements are about 60 quid. Pattern ones are about 25.

oblark
Friday 16th November 2012, 18:12
The heating element in these is crap and prone to fail. My n/s one hasn't worked since last year. Genuine Volvo replacements are about 60 quid. Pattern ones are about 25.

If it was made by Ford say no more

ploppy
Friday 16th November 2012, 21:02

Thanks Martin,

is the heater element fitted to the glass or inside the housing?

ploppy
Friday 16th November 2012, 21:03
Does the rear window de-mist, and do the electrically adjustable mirrors actually adjust?

Hi,

yes all work.

M-R-P
Friday 16th November 2012, 23:32
Thanks Martin,

is the heater element fitted to the glass or inside the housing?

IIRC, it's part of the glass and just unclips.

ploppy
Saturday 17th November 2012, 00:02
IIRC, it's part of the glass and just unclips.

Cool, now are there any leads that should connect to the mirror?

M-R-P
Saturday 17th November 2012, 00:08
Err, single 2-pin connector I believe.

ploppy
Saturday 17th November 2012, 00:21
That makes sense, remember the mirror glass came off once so stuck it back with some duck tape , had no wires , so must be the plod spec non heated mirrors i guess, but will have a look to see if i can find any in the housing, I remember the glass having 2 x whit plastic flaps on one side.

M-R-P
Saturday 17th November 2012, 00:30
Find the plug and put a test meter on it, then press the rear window de-mist button. If you get voltage, slap a heated mirror in there - happy days!

My ex plod has heated mirrors... It has cruise control too :) a lot of later plod cars didn't even have that!

ploppy
Saturday 17th November 2012, 00:39
Well , i think it wont have it, later spec 55 plate car, no cruise , plastic steering wheel... very basic indeed !!

M-R-P
Saturday 17th November 2012, 00:43
You'll probably find the wiring is all there, It's cheaper to manufacture, having one set of wiring looms, rather than having various sets for different models.
The speaker grilles that don't have speakers in them will still have the connections in there somewhere. If you get a different steering wheel with cruise control buttons, all it will take is a software update to get it working. Worth a thought ;)

ploppy
Saturday 17th November 2012, 00:50
Yep sounds good,,, will have a look tomorrow.. thanks again Martin.

M-R-P
Saturday 17th November 2012, 00:53
Hey, us mad ex-plod owners gotta stick together lol.

ploppy
Saturday 17th November 2012, 00:59
oh yes ,,, think it would be easier to return it back to plod service spec !!! Lol

M-R-P
Saturday 17th November 2012, 01:05
Cheaper too lol!