PDA

View Full Version : hpt turbo ok in an lpt?

martybelfastt5
Thursday 15th November 2012, 22:15
so have a freind with a 2.0 lpt s60 turbos gone not sure but think it a 13g maybe will it be safe to bolt in a 15g/16t?

M-R-P
Thursday 15th November 2012, 22:21
You may have trouble with the ecu not liking the extra air being forced through the system - P2 cars are VERY fussy!
Give it a go but don't be surprised if it plays-up.
15g won't fit (iirc) and a 16t is what you'd find on the earlier T5 models. I think the 2.0T should run 6-7psi max boost, the 16T will nearly double that and no doubt upset the ecu :(

martybelfastt5
Thursday 15th November 2012, 22:24
thankyou martin:beer:

M-R-P
Thursday 15th November 2012, 22:27
If it's any help, DazaB had a 13g for sale a while ago. Dunno if he still has it tho.

deathrider311271
Thursday 15th November 2012, 22:28
im currently running a 16T on my 2.5LPT running 9psi with ME7 electronics §§§§e, on the P1 V70 it doesnt throw any lights but i do get an over boost code every time i connect dice up to the car.
If i remember correctly the 2.0T engine runs a 12T as standard, if you are going to upgrade the turbo to a 16T you can wind the boost down to the required 4psi, i personally would change the injectors to whites as well, i get far better fuel economy with this setup than the standard setup.

s60t5sturbo
Thursday 15th November 2012, 22:37
hi guys yous seem to know your stuff on t5's an ME7 management. do yous know if i can put a dump valve on my s60 t5s without upsetting the ecu? and if so what hose can i cut in to?

M-R-P
Thursday 15th November 2012, 22:41
im currently running a 16T on my 2.5LPT running 9psi with ME7 electronics §§§§e, on the P1 V70 it doesnt throw any lights but i do get an over boost code every time i connect dice up to the car.
If i remember correctly the 2.0T engine runs a 12T as standard, if you are going to upgrade the turbo to a 16T you can wind the boost down to the required 4psi, i personally would change the injectors to whites as well, i get far better fuel economy with this setup than the standard setup.

I won't argue, this dude knows his stuff ;) :beer:

hi guys yous seem to know your stuff on t5's an ME7 management. do yous know if i can put a dump valve on my s60 t5s without upsetting the ecu? and if so what hose can i cut in to?

No. It will throw a major hissy-fit.
Just fit a big cone filter and remove the soundproofing from the bonnet and you'll get this noise...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Ql35OZEfs

s60t5sturbo
Thursday 15th November 2012, 22:50
a K&N will be on order by next week :) if i do still want a dump valve tho will a remap sort the ecu out if it does have a hissy-fit lol?

martybelfastt5
Thursday 15th November 2012, 22:52
il try dazza the owner of the 60 aint the tuning type think il hunt down a standard turbo for it cheers all

deathrider311271
Thursday 15th November 2012, 22:54
a K&N will be on order by next week :) if i do still want a dump valve tho will a remap sort the ecu out if it does have a hissy-fit lol?
why do u want a dump valve??? you dont need one untill running over 30psi, if its just the noise you want then just fit a cone filter

M-R-P
Thursday 15th November 2012, 22:59

These cars measure the air in the system. By fitting a dump valve, you'll be releasing several litres of air from the system and the ecu will think there's a fault (it'll think you've blown a boost hose) and throw a warning and probably put it into limp mode.