PDA

View Full Version : MAF sensor

Harvey
Wednesday 14th November 2012, 19:59
I have ran my code reader on my S60R says the MAF sensor is reading high it says it should be at 1 but it is reading 1.1.
Is this any thing to worry about ,its running fine.
Have just got this on order anyone used it ?.

CRC Air Sensor Clean

Cleans the Mass Air Flow sensor unit, safely, gently and effectively on all vehicles

Also known as the MAF sensor, it informs the vehicle's ecu of how much air is flowing into the engine. Contamination on the sensor sends false readings to the ecu, causing various symptoms

In certain situations this can be highly dangerous, such as difficulty in pulling away quickly and smoothly at junctions, or lack of power and flat spots when overtaking

Cleaning the sensor can cure many engine problems, such as erratic idling, poor fuel economy, stalling, flat spots, engine warning lights, poor performance and mot emissions failure

CRC Industries also highly recommend cleaning as part of your routine service. It is very easy to do, and will ensure your engine receives the correct fuel to air ratio throughout the rev range

If you think your MAF sensor is causing problems, try cleaning it first before replacing. An original unit will cost hundreds of pounds!

Brake, carburettor and electrical cleaning fluids are far too harsh, potentially causing damage to the delicate components. They can also attack plastic and rubber parts of the sensor too

You will receive:

1 x 200ml can of CRC Air Sensor Clean, complete with extension straw stored in lid

1 x MAF sensor cleaning tips sheet

Well packaged and delivered quickly by professional courier

Please click on 'fordulike' next to feedback score and see the links below for detailed information:

Technical Data Sheet:
http://tinyurl.com/yaglntm

Material Safety Data Sheet:

http://tinyurl.com/ycs9uph

Here is a video of the American version of this cleaner in use. The only difference between the American product and the UK product is that CRC Industries have redesigned the labeling to comply with strict UK laws:

glock19
Friday 16th November 2012, 00:04
If anyone is going for this, make sure the sensor is off the car and the car has been stopped for 2~3 hours or so. The MAF unit worked by heating the element inside and during shut-off, a higher power is run through the element to vaporise any dust on it.
You do not want to cold spray the sensor when it's hot.

M-R-P
Friday 16th November 2012, 00:09
I use carb cleaner then brake cleaner on mine (carb cleaner cleans it nicely but leaves a residue that the brake cleaner removes).
No problem in nearly 2 years.
I think people can be scared by horror stories of mafs failing due to over-zealous cleaning with cotton buds etc. but if you're careful (as above - let it sit for a while) there's no reason why it can't be done.