PDA

View Full Version : Poor old engine, 855 t5 Build

merc85
Wednesday 14th November 2012, 00:12
Well, tore into the old engine, and started to build the new lump up, inlet ports of the old lump had quite abit of engine oil in them, and to did the inlet manifold. Almost certainly down to Worn piston rings,

Still the new lump is now looking rather good.

Knackered so given it a rest for tonight, Will hopefully changing engines this wkend :)

Kingsford G
Wednesday 14th November 2012, 00:27
Looking nice Gav.I can c alot of time spend on it, get it forged and k24 turbo to c what Rotch was trying to achiv.

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 14th November 2012, 13:04
Cool, hope it transfers over easily!

Mine was using a lot of oil, took the head off (damn headgasket again LOL) and when I undid the valve springs the valves dropped straight out, the valve stem seals were shot. New seals went on and no more oil usage :) (just more water usage, something badly wrong in the block somewhere)

merc85
Wednesday 14th November 2012, 15:26
I know what rotch was trying to achieve as i was the one who fitted the k24 to his car lol ;)

Lsvolvo1
Wednesday 14th November 2012, 16:47
Whats the cost of the rebuild on your engine? parts etc

Kingsford G
Wednesday 14th November 2012, 18:24
I know what rotch was trying to achieve as i was the one who fitted the k24 to his car lol ;)

Let me c 300+ under the red bonnet Gav plz )

smithy
Wednesday 14th November 2012, 20:58
Nice build mate

merc85
Wednesday 14th November 2012, 22:33
Well all the Loom has been disconnected from the engine and Gearbox, Fluids have been drained, Turbo Down pipe disconnected, fuel lines also disconnected already to unbolt the driveshafts and bottom arms disconnect the rack and drop the whole lot. Then transfer everything over to the new Subframe fit the new Gearbox, and exhaust manifold inc turbo and run her in on the whites on reduced boost and on the bcs for a while until all good.

Then Blue running 3.8 will be added and boost increase, (well thats the plan) lol Hopefully i wont have to many leaks to sort out. :)

Now with the injectors etc crank and cam sensors in place, and the top mount lol

merc85
Wednesday 14th November 2012, 22:38
Kingsford G, Considering it was dyno'd runing 17psi Compression of 9.5Bar, and a intake breathing in oil, Ran a 14.8 sec 1/4 @ 98mph all this at 270.8 bhp Flywheel 238 Bhp at the crank, Cant see that being a problem since having a Ported and polished Head, Reground Valves and Ported intake manifold, along with a slight raise in compression lol.

T5frankie
Wednesday 14th November 2012, 22:48
Kingsford G, Considering it was dyno'd runing 17psi Compression of 9.5Bar, and a intake breathing in oil, Ran a 14.8 sec 1/4 @ 98mph all this at 270.8 bhp 238 Bhp at the flywheel, Cant see that being a problem since having a Ported and polished Head, Reground Valves and Ported intake manifold, along with a slight raise in compression lol.

if you have an 18/19t yeah

merc85
Wednesday 14th November 2012, 22:49
if you have an 18/19t yeah

As frankie said ;)

merc85
Wednesday 14th November 2012, 23:07
Whats the cost of the rebuild on your engine? parts etc

I Have my Own Motor Factor's so obviously the parts are at cost, Also done the Head work Myself and Manifold aswell as the labour.

But parts wise around £200 inc fluids and filter's.

The only extra was the Head machining and fixing the Valve guide i stupidly b*** lol

Kingsford G
Wednesday 14th November 2012, 23:32
As the car is in a great nik bodywise that new lump is just the ticket.Port polishing is one hellof a job u`ve been busier than I thought,well done mate.U must`ve got an R clutch too.If need a pair of hands fitting it just let me know as I can spend a sunday no probs also any tools needed too.

T5frankie
Wednesday 14th November 2012, 23:33
dunno why you didnt do all this to the gull though mate?

merc85
Thursday 15th November 2012, 00:35
dunno why you didnt do all this to the gull though mate?

Going to have my 5th child at any moment mate lol, Wife says the Gul has to go and Trust me id love to had done this to the Gul. Especially the 3" stainless exhaust aswel lol.

As you well know the 7 Seats come in handy. ;)