PDA

View Full Version : xc90 opinions please...

jdavis
Saturday 10th November 2012, 17:23
As title guys... Whats your thoughts on these. Like the idea of t6 or maybe v8 pending fuel economy and rfl check.

M-R-P
Saturday 10th November 2012, 17:44
Blade has a xc90 t6, give him a shout mate.
Most of the parts are from S60/s80/v70 so any possible issues you'd find on those would apply to the 90.

T5frankie
Saturday 10th November 2012, 18:06
i like them nice family motor

graemewelch
Saturday 10th November 2012, 18:20
Im thinking about getting on to. D5 though. T6 would be to thirsty for me

ExternalError
Saturday 10th November 2012, 19:28
My gaffa has a V8 xc90 with the extra seating from standard, sounds great lots of room and really comfy.

foammanmark
Saturday 10th November 2012, 19:31
i like them nice family motor

Jeremy Clarkson.

Vikingxl
Saturday 10th November 2012, 21:30
In the four years ive had mine ive found it unreliable and easy to break!

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 10th November 2012, 21:46
In the four years ive had mine ive found it unreliable and easy to break!

Yes but not everyone is going to drive their XC90 like they just stole it ;) LOL

jdavis
Sunday 11th November 2012, 07:13
Thanks guys. Quite like the look of them. I've noticed interior looks much like my p2.
Viking, anything specific to watch out for? Were they all geartronic? Not a major issue if so as my t5 is.

Vikingxl
Sunday 11th November 2012, 22:03
Mines a d5 manual its had angle gear, clutch, loads of wheel bearings loads of electrical issues like loss of headlights on a mountain in scotland in the dead if night, abs sensor issues, suspension mounts dont last long, rear wash pipe freezes below minus 15 turning the boot into a power shower. Thats the stuff that springs to mind without really thinking about it. That said mine does get driven hard, goes offroad and is quite often off the ground all together due to a local shortcut

graemewelch
Monday 12th November 2012, 11:36
Mines a d5 manual its had angle gear, clutch, loads of wheel bearings loads of electrical issues like loss of headlights on a mountain in scotland in the dead if night, abs sensor issues, suspension mounts dont last long, rear wash pipe freezes below minus 15 turning the boot into a power shower. Thats the stuff that springs to mind without really thinking about it. That said mine does get driven hard, goes offroad and is quite often off the ground all together due to a local shortcut

What year and milage has your covered. Think if i was to buy one of these then id had to accept ill be underneath changing the colar on anglegear. Id want 2004 or newer if budgetvalliwed to avoid electrical gremlins

Vikingxl
Monday 12th November 2012, 23:00
Mine is a 2004 newer ones have other electrical issues mines on about 120K now i think i never really look at the mileage

Vikingxl
Monday 12th November 2012, 23:02
My angle gear faliure was more than the collar and also forgot the other regular fail on these the clutch master cylinder leak that is a total pig to fix