PDA

View Full Version : Misfire, ish...

cherry1809
Friday 9th November 2012, 18:03
Right, new plugs, leads and the cap and arm are only 6 months old.
Sometimes, not always it sort of half misfires. Not an obvious 'only running on 4' misfire, but just a lumpy not happy sort of misfire. Black unburnt fuel from the exhaust when it happens. Only thing I haven't checked is the "good" coil I put on when I had other issues before. I still have the old one.

JamesT5
Friday 9th November 2012, 18:35
Check the coils and take all of your spark plugs out and inspect them in case they are damaged. If you get one that's really sooted up then you know that's your cylinder that's playing up.

Also have you checked your codes with a code reader? It may assist in tracing the problem....

Regards

James

T5frankie
Friday 9th November 2012, 18:38
injectors need cleaning? try a different ecu in as well

cherry1809
Saturday 10th November 2012, 08:39
Plugs that came out all looked the same (tan around the electrode, sooty around the thread part)
Haven't tried a reader yet, no light on though.
ECU's a RICA304 and I haven't got another, intermittent fault too, so hard to pin point. I'll try swapping coils back today and see what happens. :)

cherry1809
Saturday 10th November 2012, 10:12
Oh, and some injector cleaner.

cherry1809
Saturday 10th November 2012, 13:24
Seems (touch wood) it was the coil. Loads smoother and pulls harder.
Time to get a RR result methinks :)
Will it be okay on the rollers running higher boost with the standard rods? Worried something will let go if they WOT from low revs.

T5frankie
Saturday 10th November 2012, 15:18
Will it be okay on the rollers running higher boost with the standard rods? Worried something will let go if they WOT from low revs.

they wont wot at low revs they bulild it up gradually

cherry1809
Saturday 10th November 2012, 16:39
I thought they just planted it and the RR read the power as it built up gradually?

T5frankie
Saturday 10th November 2012, 17:47
I thought they just planted it and the RR read the power as it built up gradually?

after probably 3-3.5k

glock19
Monday 12th November 2012, 01:26

If you don't have an MBC, it's okay. Boost is not that high, below 1.3 bars

cherry1809
Monday 12th November 2012, 10:30
Running a dsbc, which works pretty much the same.
Run between 1.2 - 1.3bar max. :)