PDA

View Full Version : The search is over!

Simon
Sunday 2nd October 2005, 16:37
Finally I've got myself an S60 T5 SE! Paid the deposit today and picking it up next weekend!

2002 model with 44k miles FVSH. Black with black leather :B_blite: integrated phone and sunroof. I think that's all the options over the standard S60 T5 SE!

Already got my black mesh grille, BSR PPC, ITG filter and Koni suspension kit sitting under my desk at work waiting to be fitted! Will be getting the wheels refurbed to Graphite Grey pretty much straight away as well!

Can't wait to start playing with my new toy!

Vikingxl
Sunday 2nd October 2005, 17:22
Congratulations mate cant wait to see some pics.Nice to see you have started shopping for the mods before getting the car.I think this one is gonna turn out a bit special!

Simon
Sunday 2nd October 2005, 18:37
I have quite a few bits lying around :)

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 3rd October 2005, 16:35
Hi and welcome to the club mate, good luck with it!

Wobbly Dave
Monday 3rd October 2005, 16:50
Hi and welcome to the club mate, good luck with it!
S60s are becoming soooo common these days - they'll let anyone drive 'em LOL

Mind you I like the idea of black with black leather! Integrated phone sounds pretty groovy.

Dont think BSR is as good as RICA IMHO but as you have already bought it...

siamblue
Monday 3rd October 2005, 17:01
Hi and welcome to the site enjoy.

p fandango
Monday 3rd October 2005, 17:28
Hi Simon, sounds like a nice well equipped motor. Just out of pure curiousity (yes i know it killed the cat) but how does the integrated phone work, do you just put your own sim card in & it works liike a normal mobile or is it pre-connect to a volvo network/provider & you have do everything thru them?

Simon
Monday 3rd October 2005, 19:47
I don't pick the car up till this weekend, so I'm not 100% sure, but there is a slot for your sim which pops out of the dash. I understand that you can either use it hands free or use the built in handset which is located under the armrest. I guess that's useful for rear passengers if they want to make a phonecall.

It was quite funny in that the guy I bought it off is semi retired and has bought an S60R. He was quite disappointed that the R doesn't have the shopping bag holder in the boot as standard like the T5 :B_blite:

When the PPC is for free you shouldn't complain :B_blite: and I don't have to travel anywhere to have it fitted.

Simon
Saturday 8th October 2005, 21:45
Picked the car up a few hours ago and so far really pleased with it and it's quite quick :)

Also figured out it has the Winter Pack - Heated front seats, Headlamp wash/wipe & 'Luxury' floor mats whatever they are. Can't see whats 'Luxury' about them!

But the best bit....

It also has the Premium Pack - Electric Drivers seat and mirrors with memory and the coolest bit - Electric Folding Door Mirrors :smile:

The car is being PPC'd on Monday and new suspension fitted Tuesday.

Not keen on the 17" Thor wheels but they might look better when I've had them refurbished to Anthracite in a few weeks time!

Andrew
Saturday 8th October 2005, 21:46
Nice one Simon - once Tuesday comes I'll shout ....

:worthless

siamblue
Sunday 9th October 2005, 01:51
It's nice to have all the goodies and gadgets, I am sure you will make use of the heated seats, I know we all love them :)

Vikingxl
Sunday 9th October 2005, 11:00
Glad you are happy with it just need to get all thise mods done now looking forward to the piccys.

Simon
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 17:31
ITG filter, Eibach Springs (changed my mind on the Koni's) Black mesh grille and PPC'd today. What a transformation in looks, handling and power. Pic's tomorrow hopefully!