PDA

View Full Version : 57 Plate V50 R Design, Any known cause's ??

peteT5
Tuesday 6th November 2012, 05:38
Currently has a leaking issue coming into pass side foot well? Looks to be coming in from above? Does any body know of a common fault that could be causing this? Is it from roof runners or sunroof? Any body's help would be appreciated, has had window screen replaced but still the same. Cheers Pete

LeeT5
Tuesday 6th November 2012, 07:10
Currently has a leaking issue coming into pass side foot well? Looks to be coming in from above? Does any body know of a common fault that could be causing this? Is it from roof runners or sunroof? Any body's help would be appreciated, has had window screen replaced but still the same. Cheers Pete

The fault is in the question mate!

I bet ten bucks that the windscreen has not been sealed properly.
I would also check that the scuttle is not full of water from blocked drainage points. If the roof was leaking then your head would be wet and roof rails do not penetrate the cabin.

peteT5
Tuesday 6th November 2012, 13:47
Initial thought was window screen so cracked it got it replaced however leak carried on called them out saying it was leaking so they came back out, checked it and confirmed it wasn't that. The only other thing it could possibly be is the sunroof maybe?

M-R-P
Tuesday 6th November 2012, 14:28
Nosh was saying that the sunroof on his car has a small pipe that runs down the inside of the A pillar that drains water from the sunroof and venting somewhere in the engine bay. the pipe often popps-off the connection and fills the footwell with water.
In fact, he started a thread on it on the dark side (VT).

peteT5
Tuesday 6th November 2012, 15:45
Ok cheers :) Is there any chance you could put a link up for the thread he started please?

Many Thanks

M-R-P
Tuesday 6th November 2012, 15:53
"This has happened numerous times since i have owned the car and it f**king annoying...
it seems that everytime the car is jacked up or i go over to many potholes (bit hard to avoid in sheffield ) and it rains i then get a footwell full of §§§§ty rain water...
iv found the problem but it just keeps happening..
the drain from the sunroof comes across the top of the car & then down the windowscreen pillar into the drain & whats happening is that the pipe is coming out of the rubber grommet/connecter... i cant glue it as its in such a small space & you cant see what your doing & i dont want to block the pipe up completely!!
i have resorted to drilling a couple of drain holes in the floor as i have sucked up over 5 litres of water with the carpet cleaner... & as we all know sitting water is no good for anything especially with all the electrics under the carpet...
so any ideas peeps please ????? "

Link (http://www.volvotuners.co.uk/index.php?/topic/1630-leaking-sunroof-help-please/)

Harvey
Tuesday 6th November 2012, 16:23
Sounds like he's a bit brassed off to say the least.

lance
Wednesday 7th November 2012, 08:17
I havent had this issue with my V50 but I don't have a sunroof. Good luck getting a fix

peteT5
Wednesday 7th November 2012, 13:26
I've managed to fix the issue for now :) I seperated the pipe and blew down the pipe to which it was clear when I blew up to the sunroof it made a little pop noise and all the water came running through and solved the leak :) connected it all back up poured some water in to the sunroof and flowed through to the wheel arch! Happy Days

M-R-P
Wednesday 7th November 2012, 13:29
Result :D