PDA

View Full Version : tyre trouble!!

streech 2
Sunday 4th November 2012, 10:07
when i purchased my s60 2T it had a brand new set of tyres on...done 6ish k miles since i bought her and the back's are still brand new whilst the front seemed to be losing grip with all the salt on the roads low temp's etc so whilst i was changing the oil yesterday,in my wisdom,swapped the rear and the front over...oil change went perfect as did the swap up til about 60mph then it seemed i had acquired a ferry...my usual dual carriageway which i can easily manage at 85( kmh of course) had turned into a skid pan it seemed...the car is basically uncontrolabe above 70....swapping them back today but what could be wrong...surely the wheels are all balanced the same and at 6k or less there wont be that great a difference in wear patterns...have just rechecked wheel nuts for 6th time so it ain't that..by the by the beast is now running great with the new castrol fully synthetic...spark plugs next week just to ensure she starts well all winter may do fuel filter too....volvo sparky's unless anybody recommends different :) morning!!!

T5frankie
Sunday 4th November 2012, 10:10
the rears will need scrubbing in on the fronts as are only used to straight lines

streech 2
Sunday 4th November 2012, 10:18
yeah but will i still be alive by then :) is quite fun but still dangerous...kinda thought that but good to get it confirmed..cheers frankie

streech 2
Sunday 4th November 2012, 10:37
this is my machine..purchased from cragmaz in june...what a beast!!

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?43937-2002-S-60-2L-s-e-turbo-rica-amp-more&highlight=cragmaz

M-R-P
Sunday 4th November 2012, 12:02
Tyre quality is also important, cheap tyres don't work well on a powerful fwd car weighing more than a ton and a half.
Check the pressures too.