PDA

View Full Version : no dash board lights!!

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 31st October 2012, 19:19
its an 850 t5 and as above all the lights in the dash including the instrument panel are not working!! problem being when i get in from work its pitch black so i cant see much lol any ideas peeps??

M-R-P
Wednesday 31st October 2012, 19:58
Probably a fuse somewhere mate. Simple answer first ;)

Ali-Bongo
Wednesday 31st October 2012, 20:00
I have a similar problem, my lights come on for 30 odd seconds then just black out, I have a suspicion it's the fader switch at fault so I'm gonna swap it for the one out of my other T5. My ghetto fix was to blu tac a kitchen light to the side of the dash :rotfl:

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 31st October 2012, 22:10
hahahaha blu tac is bloody brilliant ;) and ive already checked the fuse for the instrument panel its the same one that runs the leccy sunroof and that works fine!!

Ali-Bongo
Sunday 11th November 2012, 14:53
Hi mate thought I'd update this quickly, swapping the dimmer control over completely fixed my dashboard light issues. Now I no longer need my ghetto kitchen light lol.

theflyingbrick
Sunday 11th November 2012, 20:01
Hi mate thought I'd update this quickly, swapping the dimmer control over completely fixed my dashboard light issues. Now I no longer need my ghetto kitchen light lol.

cheers dude i was gonna update myself to say the same,but i borrowed a dimmer switch so now i need to get one!!