PDA

View Full Version : Diagnostic Scan Tool - 1999 C70

Darren
Sunday 28th October 2012, 17:12
Hi,

I've looked through the threads without any success, could anyone recommend a reliable OBD11 Diagnostic scan tool for my C70 2.3 model?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Darren

M-R-P
Sunday 28th October 2012, 17:23
Depends what you want to do with it. There's the cheap Bluetooth obd units and the torque app for android, right up to the snap on one that cy can clear airbag lights.8

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 28th October 2012, 23:19
I bought the 100 quid Scan tool .net which comes with lots of different software & does both USB & B/T connectivity.

MA'R'K
Monday 26th November 2012, 17:06
I was using the snap on tools but found they couldn't turn off airbag lights and other things (not sure which one you were using M-R-P!).....

I have the official Volvo autodiagnos equipment which does everything :-)

M-R-P
Monday 26th November 2012, 17:12
I was using the snap on tools but found they couldn't turn off airbag lights and other things (not sure which one you were using M-R-P!).....

I have the official Volvo autodiagnos equipment which does everything :-)

I've not tried it my self but I've seen Dalhousie's snap-on one clear the airbag light on Hball's P2.
That official one looks pricey :shifty:

Harvey
Monday 26th November 2012, 17:47
My one cost £120 and does the lot ,was a bit of a gamble, but i just roll the DICE.

MA'R'K
Monday 26th November 2012, 18:16
I can program keys & fobs also....though I was hoping that a remote could be 'reprogrammed', but like keys they have to be virgin from stealers ordered specifically for your own car! ......unless anyone knows different? I'm only just scratching the surface with this tool, but the best thing is that it can operate test proceedures on ABS systems etc rather than purely reading codes.

Did cost a few quid I'll admit so anyone local to me in the Midlands is more than welcome to share the equipment for a small contribution :B_thumb:

Harvey
Monday 26th November 2012, 18:49
I can program keys & fobs also....though I was hoping that a remote could be 'reprogrammed', but like keys they have to be virgin from stealers ordered specifically for your own car! ......unless anyone knows different? I'm only just scratching the surface with this tool, but the best thing is that it can operate test proceedures on ABS systems etc rather than purely reading codes.

Did cost a few quid I'll admit so anyone local to me in the Midlands is more than welcome to share the equipment for a small contribution :B_thumb:
I am sure you won't be able to program any keys for the newer car 2004-on as volvo must link the car to the volvo server to allow this to work.

MA'R'K
Monday 26th November 2012, 19:18
I am sure you won't be able to program any keys for the newer car 2004-on as volvo must link the car to the volvo server to allow this to work.

...for sure! This tool is for S/V/C70 & 40's up to 2000 ......all old school :-)