PDA

View Full Version : Boost gauge fitting

Saaamon
Friday 26th October 2012, 23:06
Wheres the best hose to tap into to fit a boost gauge, heard someone go off the one behind the dash, is this the best and easiest place to do take it from? If so would the orignal gauge still work?

cheers

Wobbly Dave
Friday 26th October 2012, 23:19
you can tap it off the tree above the throttle body or hi-jack the small bore plastic pipe that feeds the boost gauge in the binnacle.

If you use the former then you will need to go through the firewall via the hole near the OS firewall entry/exit for the loom.

Kingsford G
Friday 26th October 2012, 23:38
Take the cover off under the dash,I think there r 2 pipes there and connect to the one that goes to the dash boost gauge.Thats how I did on mine and worked well,a few other guys did too.Where in essex r u?I can fit it on sunday if u like.

Saaamon
Monday 29th October 2012, 19:42
Take the cover off under the dash,I think there r 2 pipes there and connect to the one that goes to the dash boost gauge.Thats how I did on mine and worked well,a few other guys did too.Where in essex r u?I can fit it on sunday if u like.

Cheers for the kind offer, i managed to do it on my own using your advice, took a few minutes. Its only a temp install so can wind the boost up a tad.

Thanks again.

Kingsford G
Tuesday 30th October 2012, 01:28
Well done mate,glad its sorted.