PDA

View Full Version : Aircon

grdunn
Saturday 1st October 2005, 19:04
I'm sure it's been asked before but does anyone have any idea what might be up with the aircon in my S70 T5? Green lights come on but there is no noticeable difference when I switch off the AC and just run the normal heater fan with the temp turned right down. There's no drop in engine revs when I switch on the AC. I've gone as far as being told that system doesn't need regassed.
I've checked fuses. if I remove the AC relay what difference should I be looking for if it's a dodgy relay?

bigndaft
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 14:21
I take it your not getting cold air?...it sounds to me like the compressor needs looking at cos it should be 'clicking' on/off and when idle the revs should dip/rise. I was told that if you can hear the compressor clicking then it doesnt need a re-gas. will have to go to an air-con engineer and i'm afraid the going rate is £80 just to check it over... :pants: down and botty smacked!

audimadmike
Thursday 6th October 2005, 09:40
Who told you it won't need gas??
Mine was the same when I bought it, it had a leak at the condenser union. Took off..resealed and then regassed. All okay since.
You need expert to investigate.
Most common reason for the compressor and clutch not working is lack of gas, the system will be switched off through the low pressure 'L.P.' switch.

Mike

grdunn
Thursday 6th October 2005, 18:51
Took it to an aircon guy who checked it and said there was some refrigerant, although it was nearly empty. He said there was enough that you would feel some diff in temp when you turned it on. Any ideas?

audimadmike
Thursday 6th October 2005, 19:27
Didn't the guy try it!
Can only be checked properly when engine running in which case you would have seen it working.
If anywhere near empty it won't work.
The pressure on a full or nearly empty system will be similar if the engine isn't running.

Mike

grdunn
Thursday 6th October 2005, 19:42
I'll get it regassed and see if that does the trick then, can't hurt I guess!
Thanks Mike