PDA

View Full Version : I've found a manual fwd p1 V70 R in Nautic Blue!!

foammanmark
Monday 22nd October 2012, 17:15
I'm very pleased to say that in less than 24 hours of looking, I've managed to find the above car. Well, really it was more a case of the guy selling it finding me, but anyway, I have my car. Should pick her up on Saturday when I will probably start a project thread.

It's coming from someone that I've bought a car from before, and therefore I'm pretty relaxed about the car that I'm buying. Needs some TLC, but I'm looking forward to getting her back to her former glory. Few normal Volvo things like driver's door window switch, rattling tail gate etc.

V70 Graham
Monday 22nd October 2012, 17:52
Glad to hear that Mark, looking forward to the thread/pics

foammanmark
Monday 22nd October 2012, 17:54
Glad to hear that Mark, looking forward to the thread/pics

Thanks, and hopefully after a wash, I'll get the picys up on Sunday.

T5frankie
Monday 22nd October 2012, 18:06
you wanna buy my map mark?

foammanmark
Monday 22nd October 2012, 18:23
you wanna buy my map mark?

PM'd

foammanmark
Monday 22nd October 2012, 18:24
The car as she is now, and Qady(Volvo) is whom I'm buying her off.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff446/qady1/nautic%20v70r%20man/SDC11983.jpg

merc85
Monday 22nd October 2012, 18:42
Watched that on flea bay, other than the tiny bump on the rear arch looked a very nice example. Well done mate

M-R-P
Monday 22nd October 2012, 18:47
Nice car there spongy-bob. And buying it from one of the most honest blokes I've met during Volvo ownership.

Well done mate.

foammanmark
Monday 22nd October 2012, 18:49
Watched that on flea bay, other than the tiny bump on the rear arch looked a very nice example. Well done mate

Thanks Merc. Bumpers need a respray plus the wheel arch dent, and a few scratches on the front nearside wing and not much else needs doing to the body. Laser needed a front bumper respray and minor denting taking out of a rear door, so I'm not really losing anything there. In for a full service/pcv and cambelt change on Monday, and hopefully it'll be mapped by the time I pick her up.

foammanmark
Monday 22nd October 2012, 18:52
Thanks!! It's the second car that I've had off him, and he tells you everything and then some about the car, so you know exactly what you're buying. I'm going down earlier than last time to have a look at what else in terms of parts, he can help me with. Looking forward to the 4.5 hours on the train, but it's well worth it. I'll be down south'ish on Saturday! He sent me 32 pics of the whole car which is fantastic.

M-R-P
Monday 22nd October 2012, 18:58
It'll be a good drive back then. I do enjoy rummaging about in his unit, it's like an Aladdin's cave lol. Then he starts showing you things you might have missed that you might want.

Top bloke.

foammanmark
Monday 22nd October 2012, 19:03
It'll be a good drive back then. I do enjoy rummaging about in his unit, it's like an Aladdin's cave lol. Then he starts showing you things you might have missed that you might want.

Top bloke.

Last November when we went down, it was early evening before we even got there. We could only go to his house, but I'll be down by 2pm this time.

nosh
Monday 22nd October 2012, 19:27
glad your sorted matey....
look forward to seeing your new project :)

foammanmark
Monday 22nd October 2012, 19:31
glad your sorted matey....
look forward to seeing your new project :)

Thanks Nosh. I've a fair idea now of what needs doing, and also what mods I'm going to make. Looking forward to this, and I'm so glad that I didn't end up with that Impreza.........

stribo
Monday 22nd October 2012, 19:55
Good to see you're sorted mate. :D

volvo
Monday 22nd October 2012, 22:20
Thanks guys...after the few cosmetic's are sorted on this car, i am sure Mark will have a very tidy motor.....Like i said, the gearbox, clutch, brakes engine etc are spot on and the car was a real pleasure to drive home.....No smoke, boosts well etc as it should. I have driven quite a few of these now and i am happy with the drive train etc. I will do my best to supply what is necessary to pass Mark on the car with the best bits with it!
Look forward to meeting up again and having a catch up.....

Cheers
Qady

Kingsford G
Monday 22nd October 2012, 22:30
Rare car that is fwd,manual.Nice choice of colour.

Dangerous Dave
Monday 22nd October 2012, 22:45
Very nice matey, bet you can't wait to get it :)

foammanmark
Tuesday 23rd October 2012, 08:23
Rare car that is fwd,manual.Nice choice of colour.

Thanks, and it should polish up beautifully.

foammanmark
Tuesday 23rd October 2012, 08:45
Very nice matey, bet you can't wait to get it :)

Cheers, and yes I'm looking forward to Saturday.

foammanmark
Tuesday 23rd October 2012, 18:25
Thanks guys...after the few cosmetic's are sorted on this car, i am sure Mark will have a very tidy motor.....Like i said, the gearbox, clutch, brakes engine etc are spot on and the car was a real pleasure to drive home.....No smoke, boosts well etc as it should. I have driven quite a few of these now and i am happy with the drive train etc. I will do my best to supply what is necessary to pass Mark on the car with the best bits with it!
Look forward to meeting up again and having a catch up.....

Cheers
Qady

Thanks Qady, and I look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

kfc
Tuesday 23rd October 2012, 20:43
Enjoy your new beastie. does she have a name yet?