PDA

View Full Version : Volvo 2-Din v70 official - £52?

HBall
Friday 19th October 2012, 15:06
ben quoted £52 for the kit for the V70 to install a 2 din stereo.

seems a bit steep to me, but it's the genuine volvo part number

from Snows in Winchester.

Is this a good price?

M-R-P
Friday 19th October 2012, 16:22
I wouldn't trust a snows as far as I could comfortably fart a hedgehog.
It's about 20 quid from halfrauds (ordered-in) or about a tenner from fleabay.

p fandango
Friday 19th October 2012, 17:25
i bought the Autoleads one from ebay, colour match is actually better than the genuine Volvo one i've got now

JimmyBurnWorld
Tuesday 23rd October 2012, 07:51
William A Lewis in Shrewsbury did mine for £22 + Vat. Where have they got £52 from?! Be careful on the colour, there are two part numbers to cover the colour change pre-dashboard facelift. There's the satin black one and the anthracite one. Can't remember which is which but I ended up with the Anthracite on my satin black dash! I'd already 'doctored' it so I couldn't take it back. Only noticed the next day in the daylight as I'd done the install in the dark. Ask for the double din facia for the police spec cars as this is what it's intended for. There's a bit of a divider to turn it into 2 x single din, which can easilly be cut out leaving a proper double din fascia.

HBall
Saturday 27th October 2012, 14:38
I suspect 2000-20004 pre-facelift is anthracite

and 2004> is satin black?

Anyone confirm?

I'm finding it hard to find one on ebay for 2000-2004 - all of them seem to be bloomin black :(

H

M-R-P
Saturday 27th October 2012, 23:55
William A Lewis in Shrewsbury did mine for £22 + Vat. Where have they got £52 from?! Be careful on the colour, there are two part numbers to cover the colour change pre-dashboard facelift. There's the satin black one and the anthracite one. Can't remember which is which but I ended up with the Anthracite on my satin black dash! I'd already 'doctored' it so I couldn't take it back. Only noticed the next day in the daylight as I'd done the install in the dark. Ask for the double din facia for the police spec cars as this is what it's intended for. There's a bit of a divider to turn it into 2 x single din, which can easilly be cut out leaving a proper double din fascia.

Exactly what I did and I was pleased to find that I didn't need to re-doctor it to go back to a single din and a cubby-hole :D

p fandango
Sunday 28th October 2012, 07:56
Exactly what I did and I was pleased to find that I didn't need to re-doctor it to go back to a single din and a cubby-hole :D
i actually got the cubby-hole with the single DIN kit i bought lol

HBall
Sunday 28th October 2012, 15:35
I can't find one of these online for love nor, literally, money.

Have asked snows if they will lower their price to the same as the shrewsbury example above. waiting to see what they come back with.

this shouldn't be so hard!

there are loads online for 2004+ but none i can see for 2000-2004 :(

p fandango
Sunday 28th October 2012, 15:41
I can't find one of these online for love nor, literally, money.

Have asked snows if they will lower their price to the same as the shrewsbury example above. waiting to see what they come back with.

this shouldn't be so hard!

there are loads online for 2004+ but none i can see for 2000-2004 :(
Autoleads don't do the double-DIN for some reason, looks like its a dealer only part

M-R-P
Sunday 28th October 2012, 15:49
I swear I've seen them on fleabay.

HBall
Monday 29th October 2012, 10:06
ended up ordering from volvo in Swansea via that Rufe guy. Got the kit for £47.

Spoke direct to autoleads and connects 2. AL do a faascia, but no one sells it and they don't sell direct, but I could order from Halfords!!!!!

Connects2 no longer do one at all.

Volvo seems to be the only option
H

HBall
Sunday 4th November 2012, 14:14
installed the stuff now. doesn't fit bang-on, but it's close enough for me for now.

http://youtu.be/5ISHguPm-p4

stevmo
Sunday 31st March 2013, 15:43
anyone got the part number for the pre-face lift dash then?

jdavis
Sunday 31st March 2013, 20:04
do you lose the cup holder as well?

stevmo
Monday 1st April 2013, 13:03
do you lose the cup holder as well?

tes but its useless anyway :P I'm gonna fit a boost guage there :D

SalineBoy
Tuesday 14th May 2013, 16:52
Hi!
New to the forum. Have been having problems with the HU803 unit in my '03 V70, so am planning to replace with either a double or single din aftermarket unit. How do you find the unit you fitted. I have heard mixed reviews of them in the past, hence my question.
Regards

SalineBoy
Tuesday 14th May 2013, 16:53
Hi!
New to the forum. Have been having problems with the HU803 unit in my '03 V70, so am planning to replace with either a double or single din aftermarket unit. How do you find the unit you fitted. I have heard mixed reviews of them in the past, hence my question.
Regards