PDA

View Full Version : Intake Manifold

emm
Wednesday 17th October 2012, 12:11
Just a quick one, is the intake manifold made from aluminium?

Andy

p fandango
Wednesday 17th October 2012, 12:31
yes

emm
Friday 19th October 2012, 13:46
Cheers,

Again searched the internet for what can't seem to get an answer for this one. D

Does a 20v intake manifold fit on a 10v? As from what i can see the 20v has a better airflow than than the 10v thus should give slight improvements on throttle response.

Mine is a 2.5n/a.

Sorry for asking all the N/A questions (runs and hides) but it seems everyone Mods T5s. TBH i can see why.

Andy

smithy
Friday 19th October 2012, 22:15
Cheers,

Again searched the internet for what can't seem to get an answer for this one. D

Does a 20v intake manifold fit on a 10v? As from what i can see the 20v has a better airflow than than the 10v thus should give slight improvements on throttle response.

Mine is a 2.5n/a.

Sorry for asking all the N/A questions (runs and hides) but it seems everyone Mods T5s. TBH i can see why.

Andy
If I was you mate pic yourself up a 2.5 20v engine and ancillaries and fit the lot in then you will gain 30 bhp and slot more torque straight away that what I'm going to do toy bros 2.5 10v for him

emm
Saturday 20th October 2012, 21:48
Hi Smithy,

I would love to but the problem i;ve got is that i don't have the skills nor the space to do en engine transplant to a 20v.

With that being said do you know if the 20v inlet will fit the 10v?, and i heard on the grape Vine you might have a 20v throttle body that has the 65mm plate?

And by an off chance you don't know the size of the inlet manifold opening hole on the manifold of a 20v do you?

Andy

Andy

smithy
Saturday 20th October 2012, 22:09
Hi Smithy,

I would love to but the problem i;ve got is that i don't have the skills nor the space to do en engine transplant to a 20v.

With that being said do you know if the 20v inlet will fit the 10v?, and i heard on the grape Vine you might have a 20v throttle body that has the 65mm plate?

And by an off chance you don't know the size of the inlet manifold opening hole on the manifold of a 20v do you?

Andy

Andy
I will see what I can do for you mate