PDA

View Full Version : Tow bar for P2 V70R

mudman
Sunday 14th October 2012, 15:49
Title says it all really.

Can I use a standard V70 tow bar, one from any V70 AWD/XC70 or will it need to be R specific? Do I need a removable or swan neck tow ball. Is it an easy DIY job ie removal of bumper, any cutting of the bumper, fixing the tow bar on and, finally, is there a plug socket in the loom to attach the electrics to or do I have to fit a relay?

I know that it's a lot of questions but any advice would be greatfully recieved. Oh, I'll only be towing a kart or, if I get lucky, a small race car.

Redbrick
Sunday 14th October 2012, 18:39
Title says it all really.

Can I use a standard V70 tow bar, one from any V70 AWD/XC70 or will it need to be R specific?

Don't know, Volvo parts will be able to tell you

Do I need a removable or swan neck tow ball.

I got a Volvo removable swan neck on mine, there are two lengths available, one for self levelers and one for standard suspension, even more reason to find out what is suitable for an R with 4C.

Is it an easy DIY job ie removal of bumper, any cutting of the bumper, fixing the tow bar on

DIY'd my own, piece of cake. Nice bumper cover available from Volvo when the swan neck is not in place.

and, finally, is there a plug socket in the loom to attach the electrics to or do I have to fit a relay?

Socket in spare wheel well, pure plug and play. Software update available to turn rear fog off when towing - stops it reflecting off the front of the caravan (spit lol). Not sure if a software update is needed for the 4C though...