PDA

View Full Version : Windows

C70GT
Friday 30th September 2005, 21:05
Hi folks.

I seem to get lots of noise from my drivers' window (no, it isn' open :slap: )

Is there a simple adjustment to make it "fit" better?

Ta.

Lee-J-T5
Friday 30th September 2005, 21:45
Although I've never had hands on experience of the C70 door glasses, most coupe cars have adjustable stops to physically stop the glass at a certain point. Usually something like a 10mm bolt each end of the mechanism on the top edge of the door. The last one I done was a Merc SLK and took some setting up to get right, too high stopping point and the glass will foul the rainstrip, too low and you get wind noise. Just a thought, as I say I have never worked on the C70 one. Be warned though, we had a Peugeot coupe to do, the type that lowers the glass an inch when you open the door and puts it up again on closing, ended up going to the main dealer to be set up after we spent 3hours trying to get it right! On the plus side though, it was an unnecessarily complex system, most of the Volvo door glasses are much more fitter-friendly. Its usually door card off, raise the blocks a mm or 2 and try it again till the problems solved. Out of interest, has it had a replacement door window or screen fitted? Otherwise it may be just compensating for the mechanism loosening up over time

the_boy
Saturday 1st October 2005, 10:48
Mine squeaks when it goes up and down. Glad to see I'm not alone :wavey:

I just thought it needed say the glass spraying with some sort of lubricant and then slide the window up and down to sort out the sticking issue and then wash the stuff off.

I'm so lazy I haven't tried it yet. Saying that I could be completely wrong :hbomb:

C70T5
Saturday 1st October 2005, 13:54
A quick tip to to use Vaseline on the rubber all around the top where the glass sits, obviously don't go mad with it but just enough to create a seal. The adjustments to the glass are made from the inside of the door skin on the running cable. Other than that the doors do drop after time and may need re setting.

C70GT
Saturday 1st October 2005, 15:00
A quick tip to to use Vaseline on the rubber all around the top where the glass sits, obviously don't go mad with it but just enough to create a seal. The adjustments to the glass are made from the inside of the door skin on the running cable. Other than that the doors do drop after time and may need re setting.

Thanks for the replys. How easy is the adjustment -including getting at it?

SaffronC70
Saturday 1st October 2005, 15:24
Vaseline can perish the seals over time - run some dashboard shine/back to black/tyre shine along the seals.

Seems to work for me, although at/after triple figure speeds, the window still whistles - therefore this is no big thing !

Chris

C70GT
Saturday 1st October 2005, 16:22
Vaseline can perish the seals over time - run some dashboard shine/back to black/tyre shine along the seals.

Seems to work for me, although at/after triple figure speeds, the window still whistles - therefore this is no big thing ! Chris

I wondered if it might do that. Thanks for the advise. Will give that a go.

Out of interest what does your fuel comp say at 100+ :jaw:

SaffronC70
Saturday 1st October 2005, 17:03
WOT = 3mpg lol

Astro
Tuesday 4th October 2005, 15:18
i've got the same problem.
Up to 180km/h, a noisy whistle, arrgh.
Then on summer i open the sun roof.

Can the door be adjustable?