PDA

View Full Version : Essex Meet (the continuing story)

Engineer
Friday 30th September 2005, 20:07
:confused: Due to demand here is the latest post for the Essex Meet as originally posted on the 16/09/2005. Cheers, see you guys there.

Please find link for new venue, all ok for Sunday 9th October. Car park holds fifty, pub serves breakfast from 10.00am, open all day. You can pre-book tables for lunch etc. if you wish. I suggest a new meet time of around 12.00 noon, if thats ok with you guys. See you then.

www.theashpub.co.uk/index.htm

Andrew
Friday 30th September 2005, 20:12
Sounds good to me...

dicky b t5
Friday 30th September 2005, 22:00
Sounds good to me too....!

siamblue
Friday 30th September 2005, 23:37
See you there :)

splatt
Saturday 1st October 2005, 08:43
yep. me too! :)

Kent Canary
Saturday 1st October 2005, 08:50
Ill see what Im doing, I might pop up for this.

Andrew
Tuesday 4th October 2005, 12:48
You gotta come....

Seems I'll be showing off my new beast. Although I won't have time to do anything to her between picking her up and the meeting and she needs a number of things fixed.

I'll also trying to be getting a mate to come and drive my old one to the meet too.

Andrew.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 4th October 2005, 14:36
You gotta come....

Seems I'll be showing off my new beast. Although I won't have time to do anything to her between picking her up and the meeting and she needs a number of things fixed.

I'll also trying to be getting a mate to come and drive my old one to the meet too.

Andrew.
If you like I can bring down the components you'll need & fit them?

Andrew
Tuesday 4th October 2005, 14:42
If you like I can bring down the components you'll need & fit them?

Aye I'm going to drop Adam a mail and get some prices tonight ... . will let you know.

Vikingxl
Thursday 6th October 2005, 09:43
Hope you all have a good time!

Jamie
Thursday 6th October 2005, 10:23
I was looking forward to this but I won't be able to come now. The g/f has invited her sister and husband over for lunch to see the new house. Guess it will have to be the next one for me :frown: - but hope its a cracking meet!

dicky b t5
Thursday 6th October 2005, 18:54
Has anybody booked a table at the pub on Sunday so they can eat..!

Me and the Ball n Chain are going to eat...So if anyone is interested i could book a table for all us eaters...

Or we can leave it till we meet up and take it from there...and chance that they have got room.

splatt
Thursday 6th October 2005, 19:14
Has anybody booked a table at the pub on Sunday so they can eat..!

Me and the Ball n Chain are going to eat...So if anyone is interested i could book a table for all us eaters...

Or we can leave it till we meet up and take it from there...and chance that they have got room.I did'nt book, thought I would play it by ear..have to leave by 2 anyhow.

Andrew
Friday 7th October 2005, 16:27
I've not booked but I hope to grab some food there...

Does anyone know how many are coming ? I'm bringing (thanks to a friend) both of my cars so if anyone is interested in buying the T-5R they can see it on the day.... good price offered :)

splatt
Saturday 8th October 2005, 17:12
I will be bringing ...
2 genuine Volvo (Alpine) CD changers with cartridge (each holds 6) currently one on E bay for 67 plus post!!!
Genuine Volvo Roof Bars
Full set of Cannon mats (inc boot mat for a 850/V70 Estate)
Mesh Grille which I was going to refurb and fit but had a change of plan

or if you or know anyone who wants em...

Andrew
Saturday 8th October 2005, 18:19
I will be bringing Tessa - See this thread...

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=48186#post48186

dicky b t5
Saturday 8th October 2005, 21:03
I will be bringing ...
2 genuine Volvo (Alpine) CD changers with cartridge (each holds 6) currently one on E bay for 67 plus post!!!
Genuine Volvo Roof Bars
Full set of Cannon mats (inc boot mat for a 850/V70 Estate)
Mesh Grille which I was going to refurb and fit but had a change of plan

or if you or know anyone who wants em...
Could be up for the Roof Bars Splatto..!

Andrew
Sunday 9th October 2005, 09:24
I've decided to leave Olive at home. Flat battery cos I left the radio on, no jump leads and no time to charge the battery this morning. So I'll be bringing the new girl instead. I'm also bringing a mate who is looking for a C70 T5 Convertable and wants to come and see some of the C70 Coupe examples.

Andrew.

Andrew
Sunday 9th October 2005, 17:35
Ended up taking her - probably her last club event for the moment, at least with me - she needs a bloody good wash - she wasn't on her best form today.

Glad to see old friends and meet new ones. Supprised a couple of the Essex/East Anglia lads I expected to meet/see where not there... bad show guys.

Right who's organising number 3 ?

Andrew.

SaffronC70
Sunday 9th October 2005, 17:42
Number 3 needs a dyno involved :)

Great day all round - cars, food, company and advice.

Chris

siamblue
Sunday 9th October 2005, 18:33
There's a dyno near to Basildon brentwood area.Bracer used to use it but normally that would have to be held on a Saturday,which might be a problem for some peeps with work and partners.
Great day out weather was nice and fine, nice to meet everyone,
The guy with the red T5 give us a shout and we can sort your suspension and brakes out, i am free most days,

Gary,

PS Cheers Engineer for organising this event, and a what a nice car you have.

SaffronC70
Sunday 9th October 2005, 18:48
Gary, you may or may not have noticed that I ended up in London ! Was trying my best to stop that woman in the V6 4Motion from undertaking and pulling infront of me ! I totally missed the M25 turn off !

Top day :)

Chris

splatt
Sunday 9th October 2005, 18:56
you may or may not have noticed that I ended up in London ! Was trying my best to stop that woman in the V6 4Motion from undertaking and pulling infront of me ! I totally missed the M25 turn off !Chris
LOL...

Sorry we had to leave early, nice to see some of you again!
Good grub...and an invite to return!!!! cant be bad eh?

fraz13
Sunday 9th October 2005, 18:59
nice to see some of you again!
Who didnt enjoy seeing again??? haha

splatt
Sunday 9th October 2005, 19:04
Who didnt enjoy seeing again??? haha
Oi....emphasis on the again would be better LOL

I know you live in glasgow but why werent you there?...
Your excuse had better be good..... :nutkick:

ceefaz
Sunday 9th October 2005, 19:13
Had a great time at the meet today. I have attached photos that I took (all plates obscured). :wavey:

dicky b t5
Sunday 9th October 2005, 20:27
Had a great day , Nice to meet new and old forum members and put some names to faces....Cracking little pub , food was fantastic and as per usual nice turnout of cars. Great watching Wobbly and Gary doing a Pit Stop on Andrews new R with beer in hand...!lol

Many thanks to King Wobbly for letting me take his Beast for a spin......!
That thing CAN move...as Dave showed me on the return run...I'll say no more. :B_steerin

Engineer
Sunday 9th October 2005, 20:40
There's a dyno near to Basildon brentwood area.Bracer used to use it but normally that would have to be held on a Saturday,which might be a problem for some peeps with work and partners.
Great day out weather was nice and fine, nice to meet everyone,
The guy with the red T5 give us a shout and we can sort your suspension and brakes out, i am free most days,

Gary,

PS Cheers Engineer for organising this event, and a what a nice car you have.

Cheers Gaz, can I have your lamps? Will send you info on 4 wheel alignment as soon as I can, shame about the Esso garage :bricks:
I Thought the V70R and C70 in that sort of off orange colour :slap: looked the biz in the flesh. Pics don't do that colour justice.

Cheers Splatt for :deal: if they don't work the :cop:'s be after you mate.

Almost forgot who was that guy from the north of Watford in the black C70 taxi dismantling and reassembling component's in the pub car park?. :duck:
Cheers dicky and ceefaz.
It's nice to put names to faces even if I can't remember them all.

Andrew
Sunday 9th October 2005, 20:45
hmm that gives me an idea

Andrew.

PS> It's Saffron Metalic not Orange :P

fraz13
Sunday 9th October 2005, 20:49
I know you live in glasgow but why werent you there?...
Your excuse had better be good..... :nutkick:
MOT ran out last night and it aint gettin a new one till tomorrow :doh:

That good enough? lol

Al look forward to meeting you in Falkirk nxt week huh?? haha no excuses :haha:

fraz13
Sunday 9th October 2005, 20:54
Whos is the stunnin S70R just like mines?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/niceR.jpg

Andrew
Sunday 9th October 2005, 20:56
Whos is the stunnin S70R just like mines?

Engineers if it's Silver
SiamBlues if it's white.

fraz13
Sunday 9th October 2005, 20:58
looks like a good turn out and ma babys even got a twin lol

siamblue
Monday 10th October 2005, 02:07
Gary, you may or may not have noticed that I ended up in London ! Was trying my best to stop that woman in the V6 4Motion from undertaking and pulling infront of me ! I totally missed the M25 turn off !

Top day :)

Chris

I was trying to wind them up let them gain then boosting it,
They had their windows down to begin with so i gave them some DeVibels lol,
About the turn off, I thought you read the gantry signs and was going to use the North Circ as the M25 was snarled up between J12-J15 :slap:

SaffronC70
Monday 10th October 2005, 16:49
lol ! did you see me spped right up to stay side on, but not leave them behind or let them pass !

No, I just wasn't paying attention - the M25 was actually clear !

Chris

PS. your car sound great ! even at those speeds with my window up, you can hear the turbo spool and end with a tshhh of the dump valve.

PPS. I did also for a second think I was being followed by a police car ! lol.

siamblue
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 01:19
The turbo whistles so nicely on this one, In the tunnels is the best bit lol,
I made a effort of catching you on those twisties lol, so we could have a nice blatt on the M11,

PS Kent is on for me just told the missus lol, she is such a sweety :remybussi
I pay more attention and spend more money on the car than i do her.