PDA

View Full Version : Green Stuff Pads

ceefaz
Friday 30th September 2005, 00:44
Are the Green stuff pads any good for a 1999 V70 T5 to improve the braking as I have obtained a cheap set and was thinking of getting them fitted at my service on Monday??

siamblue
Friday 30th September 2005, 00:47
Same make, i have Redstuff and they do seem to fade quite a bit when hot, but that might be the discs i am using causing the fade.
Try them and see what you think.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 30th September 2005, 01:05
Sorry Gary, but I think EBC are a waste of time.

Andrew
Friday 30th September 2005, 13:47
Sorry Gary, but I think EBC are a waste of time.

And you are entitled to your opinion Dave :P

But other pads/discs have there problems too - I think that Garys answer to try them and see is a good one - peoples choice and opinions vary and it's only using them with *your* driving style that will tell you what feels right.

Andrew.

pyrotechnictigger
Friday 30th September 2005, 13:52
Priced replacement front pads for mine up. Swedish car blokes want £50 for Pagid. What have you all paid and for what?

Cheers,

Ian

Andrew
Friday 30th September 2005, 13:56
DS2500s seem to be the main recommended ones. They squeeked a bit for a while but seem ok now. £45 ish I thnk.

p fandango
Friday 30th September 2005, 14:20
I've got greenstuff pads & must say they've been fine (i'd use them again), they've lasted very well & always stopped me. Just avoid EBC discs (all of them even the turbo groove)

Wobbly Dave
Friday 30th September 2005, 15:46
Like I said it is just my opinion.

The Flying Banana
Friday 30th September 2005, 16:35
Brakes are for Nancy Boys!!!!!! LOL

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 30th September 2005, 17:31
Actually i think Green Stuff are for hot hatch GTI style cars, RedStuff for bigger cars, i had Reds in my S70 and i was not impressed at all now i can compare with Ferodos. As for Pagid i have seen them at £43 but were on 7day order.

Berts70R
Friday 30th September 2005, 17:45
Have them on mine with cross drilled zimmerman discs and they are great,took a while to stop squealing though

LeeVTi
Friday 30th September 2005, 18:00
i have used this in other cars, and i find that the green stuff are ok for fast road, and the red stuff are better on a track day, because you have to build them up to there optimum operating temperature (bloody useless when cold), but i wouldnt use em again, took too long to start bitein and seemed noisy, but its a personal choice, try em they may suit ya as previously said

dicky b t5
Friday 30th September 2005, 22:36
Brakes are for Nancy Boys!!!!!! LOL
Yehh... bring on the Grind metal to metal....!lol :nutkick:

ceefaz
Friday 30th September 2005, 23:04
Thanks for all your comments. I will let you know how I get on after fitment on Monday and the bedding-in period.