PDA

View Full Version : over/under boost

oblark
Saturday 6th October 2012, 19:30
When coming home this evening I noticed when given the old girl some welly she would boost to 1.4 bar but then she would only boost to 0.6 bar,

When I started the car she idles ok but when the engine was cold it ran like it had a miss fire, this went once the engine warmed up.

Could the two faults be linked ???

All the hoses have been checked and are OK, so any ideas ????

claymore
Saturday 6th October 2012, 19:36
Iffy BCS would be my first thought.

Jamest5r
Saturday 6th October 2012, 20:12
Iffy BCS would be my first thought.

Yep that or the maf.

woody
Saturday 6th October 2012, 20:45
MAF had me, very odd running indeed, then packed up completely!

oblark
Saturday 6th October 2012, 20:51
MAF had me, very odd running indeed, then packed up completely!

The MAF is about 3 years old and it replaced one that failed all of a sudden.

oblark
Sunday 7th October 2012, 14:49
I changed the BCS today and no different but I notice that the waste gate was seized/stiff to move, so some WD40 was sprayed on it and moved it back and forth, Ha presto problem gone, boosting back to normal :smile:

M-R-P
Sunday 7th October 2012, 14:54
Glad to see somebody else have that problem with a 16t, I though it was just me lol.
Keep an eye on it as mine stuck 3 times in all. he last time, I sprayed some silicone grease on it before the plusgas in the hope that the plusgas would flush the hi-temp silicone stuff ito the bush. I've not had a problem since.

V70 Graham
Sunday 7th October 2012, 17:05
Glad you had a nice, easy and cheap fix Rob.

oblark
Sunday 7th October 2012, 17:33
The more I work on the old girl the easier and simpler she is to fix :smile:

Saaamon
Sunday 7th October 2012, 17:45
Should you be able rod on the actutor by hand then? Where do people spray them with lube to un-stick them? Sorry for the questions just intrigued.

thanks. simon.

oblark
Sunday 7th October 2012, 18:32
I took the actuator rod off of the waste gate arm and sprayed the WD40 on the arm where it goes into the turbo outlet housing.