PDA

View Full Version : My 'new' 1995 855 GLT T5!

Thebrush8
Saturday 6th October 2012, 14:06
Hi all,

Well I picked her up this morning from my mate (in a pub car park, no less). Had just passed it's MOT with no advisories, so that's a little reassuring! Drove it to my parents house, seems all ok, everything inside works, only drove about 2 miles but feels fine on the road, although the clutch feels heavy and the bite point is a bit low (but then I've been driving a big old BMW auto the last few years!). Took the pressure washer to it to remove several years build up of green scenery, and many many spiders.

A few cosmetic bits to sort out, trim, peeling lacquer on the roof, new headlight wipers and new rear lights, but very happy!

Just got my insurance through so going to drive to post office to tax it!

Pics to follow...hold on...

I'll be bringing it to the Cadnam 'southern-softies' meet next weekend, so you can all laugh at the many faults it probably has lurking! :D

Scott

T5frankie
Saturday 6th October 2012, 14:09
well done, but you shouldn't be meeting in dodgy car parks

Thebrush8
Saturday 6th October 2012, 14:19
Here we go:

Thebrush8
Saturday 6th October 2012, 14:21
Well...it wasn't that dodgy...and it was someone I work with. It just happened to be opposite the garage where the MOT was done! Already planning lots of things I want to do to it...polish the damn thing is top of the list!

T5frankie
Saturday 6th October 2012, 14:33
good base to work on, good that its a rare manual, better for tuning up

V70 Graham
Saturday 6th October 2012, 18:01
That is a lovely car, interior looks clean enough, as you say polish and a few minor items would make it a lovely car, shame I can't make the 'Softies' meet to see it.

T5frankie
Saturday 6th October 2012, 18:39
set of canistos look good on burgandy 850's r.e ed's one