PDA

View Full Version : i got a OMP front strut brace but it does not fit

phil850t5
Friday 5th October 2012, 23:16
I GOT A OMP front strut brace BUT IT DOES NOT FIT HAS ANYONE HAD ONE AND DID YOURS FIT CAN ANYONE HELP? 17214

Shadow
Saturday 6th October 2012, 00:24
i think the omp ones only fit left hand drive models due to the master cylinder being mounted so high up on the right hand drive models

phil850t5
Saturday 6th October 2012, 00:49
yes it the master cylinder thats in the way looks like i have to a mod on to fit

Shadow
Saturday 6th October 2012, 01:10
how much ws it? the orignal volvo one is cheap and will fit perfectly also the diffrence in handling is unbelieveable.

Ali-Bongo
Saturday 6th October 2012, 10:14
how much ws it? the orignal volvo one is cheap and will fit perfectly also the diffrence in handling is unbelieveable.

It's not all cut and dry with the Volvo brace, when I switched to an auto I swapped the brace over and the main bar is very tight against the master cylinder, there was a good inch gap from the master cykinder when it was fitted to a manual. The difference it makes is well worth the price though.

phil850t5
Saturday 6th October 2012, 12:29

i paid £52 for it am going to mod it to fit a bit of cuting and wedding should do it then paint

T5frankie
Saturday 6th October 2012, 13:06
It's not all cut and dry with the Volvo brace, when I switched to an auto I swapped the brace over and the main bar is very tight against the master cylinder, there was a good inch gap from the master cykinder when it was fitted to a manual. The difference it makes is well worth the price though.

i swapped my volvo one from an auto to a manual then back with no problems

Ali-Bongo
Saturday 6th October 2012, 14:59
i swapped my volvo one from an auto to a manual then back with no problems

It wasn't a problem switching it over apart from having to cut a bracket and the fact it's so tight against the master cylinder does concern me a little bit but I'll figure a way to sort it.

Phil: You'd be better off waiting for a Volvo one to come up on here and buy that and sell the omp one instead of faffing around modifying it, just my 2p.

Shadow
Saturday 6th October 2012, 16:42
rember there are two different sizes of fluid tanks. one is smaller and is more square shaped and the other is more of a rounded square shape. i have the orignal volvo brace and the more rounded tank and it is touching the brace but the tank and the brace dont move so there no problem with it touchin it

phil850t5
Saturday 6th October 2012, 16:51
It wasn't a problem switching it over apart from having to cut a bracket and the fact it's so tight against the master cylinder does concern me a little bit but I'll figure a way to sort it.

Phil: You'd be better off waiting for a Volvo one to come up on here and buy that and sell the omp one instead of faffing around modifying it, just my 2p.

yes that would be better but if i sell it there going to have to mod it to fit there car

T5frankie
Saturday 6th October 2012, 16:53
yes that would be better but if i sell it there going to have to mod it to fit there car

may be able to sell it on voc to an abroadian