PDA

View Full Version : Well, just taken her in.......

silverhorse
Wednesday 3rd October 2012, 18:10
Have just taken my V70 T5 into my local indie. Just got her so going for full service, cambelt and told him to do me a list of all the things that need doing.

That could be upsetting......!

He has a good local reputation, been there for years and has all the gear, so am expecting to have my wallet emptied but I know what he says will be spot on.
I have a list of things I need to do but I am sure that list will be greatly extended!!

Will update you when I get the news. That is when I have been resuscitated!!!

M-R-P
Wednesday 3rd October 2012, 18:30
Lol.
thing is, yes, you'll probably have to bung a few quid at it but volvo parts last much longer than other brands. My clutch lasted 135k and 70 of that was plod abuse.
Keep us posted mate, maybe we can save you a couple of quid ;)

T5frankie
Wednesday 3rd October 2012, 18:31
Good luck probably won't be as bad as you think.............:help:

silverhorse
Wednesday 3rd October 2012, 18:51
Good luck probably won't be as bad as you think.............:help:

That's what I keep telling myself. Haven't convinced myself tho......!:scared:

V70 Graham
Wednesday 3rd October 2012, 23:17
At least you know it'll be a good job.

JamesT5
Thursday 4th October 2012, 10:06
I'm going to (try) and service my own car this month because I think I can get all the bits I need for a full service, for just slightly more than an Oil and Filter change at a Stealers. Also, I'll then know that each thing has been done and no one has billed me for something they haven't done or haven't done properly (always my biggest fear with any garage).

Regards

James

silverhorse
Thursday 4th October 2012, 12:41
I'm going to (try) and service my own car this month because I think I can get all the bits I need for a full service, for just slightly more than an Oil and Filter change at a Stealers. Also, I'll then know that each thing has been done and no one has billed me for something they haven't done or haven't done properly (always my biggest fear with any garage).

Regards

James

With you there mate. I will be doing that in the future but as I am new to Volvos, I thought I would let the first sevice be done by a pro (and the cambelt) and next time I will get my hands dirty.

M-R-P
Thursday 4th October 2012, 12:43
Because of the nature of cam belts and clutches, I prefer to leave it to insured professionals :) Everything else, I'll have a crack at.