PDA

View Full Version : A little help please(lower arms)

kfc
Saturday 29th September 2012, 19:17
Hi guys as per the title, im trying to change the lower arms on the beastie but am having problems. the passenger side is off but when i went to put the new one on i noticed that the mounting thats furthest to the rear of the car is not attached and turns around so that one is going back on monday. so on to the next i thought, working front to back, how on gods green earth do you get the second bolt undone? none of me spanners willo get on too it and allow me enough space to turn. Are ther any tricks to putting them on as well, as it looks like they me be interesting to line up.

Cheers guys.

PHIL V70R
Saturday 29th September 2012, 22:53
your going 2 have fun mate....post some pics of the bit u mean..

JamesT5
Sunday 30th September 2012, 10:07
If you're referring to the Front Lower Control Arms, you're gonna have a right job with those. I ended up having my P2 car taken to a garage on a flatbed after breaking my driveshaft trying to get the things off.

If you're not sure, take it to a garage, it might end up costing you less in the long run.

Regards

James

kfc
Sunday 30th September 2012, 13:40
Hmmmm!

Kingsford G
Sunday 30th September 2012, 21:55
What car is it?Cos t5`s and R models s/v70`s have a heavy duty arms which I`ve done on mine and no probs with a little skill.